• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As you wait for CGC to grade your books - How do you feel when a daily email arrives announcing another private signing?
4 4

87 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2021 at 12:04 PM, wiparker824 said:

Meh, maybe not a popular opinion but I always feel like anyone willing to spend $875 on a Jim Lee sign/sketch deserves the express treatment over me who sent in modern slow track books. I always look at is that’s part of what people are paying for in those fees. And I say that as someone who has never sent for a CGC signing event and currently has 75 books sitting somewhere at CGC. 

Get this 1st "CGC Census" shattering copy an $875 sketch (thumbsu

image.png.31311ce536140e2059117d0e43db6775.png

On 6/19/2021 at 11:37 AM, Gaard said:

Holy Moley! Just out of curiosity I went to the submission form and checked out how many of these things are scheduled. I had no idea ... not really a sig guy. No wonder the TATs are so long. CGC's ears will be ringing all day now.

A lot of these people may have approached CGC on their own, having sat out from any cons (and missing that extra income) for over a year...

On 6/18/2021 at 6:54 AM, mec3437 said:

I would just like my three reholder books that were delivered to Sarasota May 4th to be entered into the system.

Me too. May 7th for me. High dollar books, like Bat 1, and I have no idea the condition of the box when CGC took possession. I’m pretty done with all this

Jesus - when did this happen???  74 day turnaround for Modern Fast Track??? It's been about 6-7 months since I subbed some books and was thinking about doing so but have the turnaround times EVER been this bad for fast track??? :whatthe:

Now is CGC to blame or  the general public who keeps sending in their comics to get signed.  

If there is demand CGC will keep feeding them.

Them catching up is irrelevant. 

Keep the $ train going. 

"Thats Right" (English accent)

image.png.188269f0ebb3e30d09398531b9d92ccd.png

Edited by NewWorldOrder

2 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Jesus - when did this happen???  74 day turnaround for Modern Fast Track??? It's been about 6-7 months since I subbed some books and was thinking about doing so but have the turnaround times EVER been this bad for fast track??? :whatthe:

6–7 months for fast track? Man! I've never even used fast track, and I don't think it's ever taken me that long to get my books.

2 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Hi Ryan - did you mean 6-7 months for regular grading, or 6-7 weeks for Fast Track?

29 minutes ago, jimbo_7071 said:

6–7 months for fast track? Man! I've never even used fast track, and I don't think it's ever taken me that long to get my books.

Let me clarify - I subbed books 6 or 7 months ago and got them back in like 2-3 weeks (record time).  I haven't submitted any books since then so the 74 day TAT is insanely long compared to that (I mean)...

5 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

Hi Ryan - did you mean 6-7 months for regular grading, or 6-7 weeks for Fast Track?

Hey Tom!

I subbed some books back in the fall and they came back lightning fast - like 2-3 weeks from when I mailed them.  I want to sub some more but seeing a 74 day fast track estimate makes me sad...

1 minute ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Hey Tom!

I subbed some books back in the fall and they came back lightning fast - like 2-3 weeks from when I mailed them.  I want to sub some more but seeing a 74 day fast track estimate makes me sad...

74 Business Days = 15 weeks... essentially 4 months 🥴

12 hours ago, BladeTX said:

74 Business Days = 15 weeks... essentially 4 months 🥴

And CGC historically didn't count any day they were at a con offering onsite grading or any holidays.  Do they count days set aside for private signings or grading private signings?  Doesn't matter.  

4 hours ago, Transplant said:

And CGC historically didn't count any day they were at a con offering onsite grading or any holidays.  Do they count days set aside for private signings or grading private signings?  Doesn't matter.  

Ah good point.  Could all the private signing events have them backed up? I’m sure this estimate includes that.  Or perhaps they had a grader quit.

17 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Now is CGC to blame or  the general public who keeps sending in their comics to get signed.  

If there is demand CGC will keep feeding them.

Agreed

If you don't like it then maybe stop sending in books or try another grading company?  Its the same problem in the card grading world right now even without the signing aspect.