• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As you wait for CGC to grade your books - How do you feel when a daily email arrives announcing another private signing?
4 4

87 posts in this topic

This thread is a hilarious read...:roflmao:..

I do not have feelings one way or another about signings and TAT.  If CGC had been attending all the big conventions like they have in years past then they would have even MORE books. Because they literally used to come back from a major con with truckloads of books.  And as others have mentioned, some of these creators need the $$. They didn't get rich writing or drawing comic books. 

Edited by Tony S

2 hours ago, Duffman_Comics said:

What on this good earth is a "pencillier"?

This refers to the old sellers of pence copies who used to travel post-Victorian England offering their wares. "Mother, look - it's the Pencillier! May I have a florin with which to make a first printing price variant purchase?"

9 hours ago, Drummy said:

I think it's just me, but I wonder about the adjective 'legendary' when I have never heard the name before in my life...

That's my first thought every time I see CGC throwing out "legendary".  Seems like CGC is using "legendary" as much as collectors use "grail".

I've come to accept that fact that without in house signings on the regular , the TAT's would still be high because of the same amount of books that are coming. in. I tend to roll my eys when i see a new one bit i was overjoyed when we finally got Jim lee!!! I had to send it in for his.