• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC/CCG to be sold...
8 8

459 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

That's Steve Borock

28 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Tropic Thunder.  ( That's Tom Cruise)(thumbsu

Reveal hidden contents

A G5 and a whole pile of CA$H.. :roflmao:

18 minutes ago, HotKey said:

I think it was a G6 yo

8 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Tropic Thunder.  ( That's Tom Cruise)(thumbsu

Reveal hidden contents

A G5 and a whole pile of CA$H.. :roflmao:

Thanks. That was driving me nuts.

8 hours ago, Galen130 said:

Classic movie, if you’re not sensitive and have the right sense of humor.

I've seen it, I just couldn't remember what movie it was from. I kept thinking Harold and Kumar for some reason.

On 7/1/2021 at 11:38 AM, carcrawfordfan said:

I didn't see this posted anywhere else yet. Please remove if duplicate.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/blackstone-to-acquire-certified-collectibles-group-271625149366

Maybe we'll have QVC and HSN's selling rare one of a kind comics once again. Possibility even have guest creators from the industry make appearances to hawk their products as well.

:wishluck:

1 hour ago, dzminn said:

Maybe we'll have QVC and HSN's selling rare one of a kind comics once again. Possibility even have guest creators from the industry make appearances to hawk their products as well.

:wishluck:

OMG... I just had a vision of Don West screaming at a tv camera... 

Leeeeeeee-mited edition.  Niiiiiiine point eight... 

55 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

OMG... I just had a vision of Don West screaming at a tv camera... 

Leeeeeeee-mited edition.  Niiiiiiine point eight... 

I believe Don is currently experiencing some health issues. Hopefully he bounces back soon!

Has anyone read ANY story where at the end you thought "that was great when Blackstone bought X, and it led to good things for that industry"?

(seriously I'm trying to find something, anything!)

Edited by miraclemet

On 7/1/2021 at 7:01 PM, KCOComics said:

I'll attempt to put a positive spin on this. 

CGC has developed a great product. The demand is huge and they've done a tremendous amount of good for the comic community. 

It's clear from an operational effecienicies stand point, they stink! They can't meet demand. Their QC seems to have suffered...  They've tried to hire, they've tried to scale, but with CSC pressing we are still talking 9 to 12 months to get comics graded.  

They need talented people to come in and right the ship.  

The key for this to be successful is for grading standards to be upheld and the best interest of collectors to be at the core of what they are doing. That can be achieved as long as existing leadership still has a role in the companies future, which it sounds like they will. 

I do think it could lead to good, CBCS was acquired by Beckett and they’re doing just fine. I personally think we should all just wait before we start jumping to conclusions about the future of CGC. The way I see it is that with Blackstone investing into CGC, they’ll have funds to clean up some of the ongoing problems they’ve been having like QC and reducing turnaround times. Let’s also not forget the CEO of CGC still retains a share of the company.