• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC/CCG to be sold...
8 8

459 posts in this topic

Just now, FlyingDonut said:

Except for his giant check. I'm not sure what your point is here. Your uncle sold his company for a big pile of money. His former company - the key word is "former - was dissolved. Your uncle had nothing to do with it, except counting his money from his giant check.

He lived in SF area when the recession was hit hard in 1993 then 2007.  He lost most of his giant money in the stock market. He gave his first house to his ex-wife (the house was valued at about $550,000 before 1993 recession). He owned $750,000 house in Walnut Creek before 2007 economic crash and he kept paying his monthly mortgage was more than the value of his house (it went down to about $400,000).  It sank and he didn't want to lose more money to the mortgage so he left the house keys in the house and informed the bank that he walked away from it.  Now you know that he lost most of his giant money to the stock crash, one to his ex and a foreclosure.

12 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Except for his giant check. I'm not sure what your point is here. Your uncle sold his company for a big pile of money. His former company - the key word is "former - was dissolved. Your uncle had nothing to do with it, except counting his money from his giant check.

FloweryCompetentInvisiblerail-max-1mb.gif.041d24cb3d061cacac50270d001555ca.gif

2 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

He lived in SF area when the recession was hit hard in 1993 then 2007.  He lost most of his giant money in the stock market. He gave his first house to his ex-wife (the house was valued at about $550,000 before 1993 recession). He owned $750,000 house in Walnut Creek before 2007 economic crash and he kept paying his monthly mortgage was more than the value of his house (it went down to about $400,000).  It sank and he didn't want to lose more money to the mortgage so he left the house keys in the house and informed the bank that he walked away from it.  Now you know that he lost most of his giant money to the stock crash, one to his ex and a foreclosure.

Sounds like that's his fault.  Should have updated his kitchen like his wife asked instead of keep his  turtle's comics. 

3 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

and that sucks, but it had nothing to do with him selling his company.

Just now, JollyComics said:

Just an example.

Two founders have 15% of the company.

I still am extremely unclear as to your point here. Your uncle sold his company and got a big check. Two founders of what? CGC? They're getting paid if that's the case - Blackstone put a $500 million valuation on it. I'm not sure what you're saying.

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I would imagine that someone who wants to invest money in a business, who is not a participant in an old movie storyline, would be looking for a place that they can make improvements and increase the value.

The boards are part of what drives purchases.

They didn't get to be wealthy by being shortsighted, or at least I didn't see any lottery winners on the list. I did see one person who started his first business when he was 12.

I'm hoping for some better software here and some changes that decrease wait times.

I don't envision much in the way of changes to the boards. Why bother? 

But as for the rest of what is said above, Blackstone's interest is limited to making money. Their investments span the alphabet from A-Z.  Any improvements made, any better software or reductions in wait time will happen only if and too the degree it has the effect of improving the bottom line financials. Anyone that has  ever been part of a company that was bought out, acquired or merged will probably have a skeptical outlook on things improving anytime soon. Typically such acquisitions usually have the effect of "gets worse before better." 

We will see in the months ahead....

4 minutes ago, Tony S said:

But as for the rest of what is said above, Blackstone's interest is limited to making money. Their investments span the alphabet from A-Z.  Any improvements made, any better software or reductions in wait time will happen only if and too the degree it has the effect of improving the bottom line financials. Anyone that has  ever been part of a company that was bought out, acquired or merged will probably have a skeptical outlook on things improving anytime soon. Typically such acquisitions usually have the effect of "gets worse before better." 

Agreed.  Why would they waste money on these boards?  Too many wasteful posts, memes, and friday threads.   Unless they make money  from this (which they won't) , the boards will be gone.  

Just now, Wolverinex said:

Agreed.  Why would they waste money on these boards?  Too many wasteful posts, memes, and friday threads.   Unless they make money  from this (which they won't) , the boards will be gone.  

HUSH YO MOUTH!

They can't abolish these boards!

Just now, FlyingDonut said:

I still am extremely unclear as to your point here. Your uncle sold his company and got a big check. Two founders of what? CGC? They're getting paid if that's the case - Blackstone put a $500 million valuation on it. I'm not sure what you're saying.

Let me be clear. My uncle was losing to the competitors and decided to sell his company to get the money.  Two CGC founders made a fortunate.

My uncle used to own 5% of his former company. Now it is long gone.  Just a bad timing for him.   I believe two CGC founders have a good timing, keep 15% stake and made a BIG fortunate.  I just wonder how long they will keep the stake but I don't have a crystal ball with me.  I really hope Blackstone keeps the company in a long run.  Simply I don't like the changes in the company.

I just Pm ed Kav:

He told me to relay this message:

That's what She said

Stay Conic

This is all Greggy's fault

Nothing @Adamantium wrote is a sentence

and finally

KAVCANDOWHATHEWANTS

lol

7 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

13 minutes ago, Tony S said:

Agreed, I just think shrinking the wait times will make them more money. I'm hoping things will get a tiny bit more efficient and they saw ways to do that which is why they made the purchase..
As for the boards, it's an advertising base. I've told many people about these boards about the product, those people tell other people. I'm certain I'm not the only one.

They have lists of emails they can use. An effort is always made to have more members/customers.

Unless they plan on investing in billboards and going just to Instagram and facebook, the boards are an inexpensive way to get customers.

As you said, we will see in the months ahead.

Edited by skypinkblu

3 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

I just Pm ed Kav:

He told me to relay this message:

That's what She said

Stay Conic

This is all Greggy's fault

Nothing @Adamantium wrote is a sentence

and finally

KAVCANDOWHATHEWANTS

lol

393150291_tenor(25).gif.8f31d46ec6080f71dbcc61da2b296817.gif