• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any guesses what this might fetch? Byrne XMEN battle page w Wolverine!

117 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2021 at 3:02 PM, stinkininkin said:

And both of these pages were bought by Rob Liefeld (not a secret, he's posted it on social media).

At this point if you had a nice Byrne X-Men page to sell, would you cut out the middle man and go directly to Mr. Liefeld? 

Edited by gumbydarnit

On 9/5/2021 at 4:03 AM, zhamlau said:

Clink doesn’t have a buyers premium? I thought they had one of 3% or is that gone?

it has been a while for me as well, but isn't that their credit card fee?

On 9/5/2021 at 7:52 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

That’s the credit card fee

Ahh ok I’ve never paid with credit card. They call it a buyers premium when I just looked it up but it does look like it could be their way of just having a credit card fee (or similar) without calling it a credit card fee. It appears it also would apply to time payment buys as well.

1E006BDA-2D96-42B5-B8A5-EA331BA63FC4.jpeg.95e60730b80bbe7bdf68e31f37ac4b16.jpeg

Edited by zhamlau

On 9/5/2021 at 10:21 AM, zhamlau said:

They call it a buyers premium when I just looked it up but it does look like it could be their way of just having a credit card fee (or similar) without calling it a credit card fee.

Gamers.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2021/04/05/its-illegal-to-charge-credit-card-processing-fees-in-these-5-states/43512911/

Charging a credit card processing fee in Maine is illegal.

And people wonder why I'm such a grouch ;) 

On 9/5/2021 at 3:30 PM, vodou said:

Gamers.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2021/04/05/its-illegal-to-charge-credit-card-processing-fees-in-these-5-states/43512911/

I understand completely….

Somebody should report ComicLink.

On 9/5/2021 at 4:40 PM, artdealer said:

I understand completely….

Somebody should report ComicLink.

Comiclink's bidding terms and conditions apply the law of the State of Maine. 

You are correct.

On 9/5/2021 at 3:30 PM, vodou said:

Gamers.

Comiclink's bidding terms and conditions apply the law of the State of Maine. 

You are correct.

On 9/5/2021 at 12:30 PM, vodou said:

Not sure it matters but when you mail payment, you send it to Illinois.  Perhaps some legal game about where they are headquartered so that they can do this, or for other financial reasons.  Although, I think Illinois not exactly a business tax friendly state to set up shop, though I'm no finance expert.

On 9/5/2021 at 8:25 PM, J.Sid said:

Would that make you feel better?

It would make me feel a lot better. Businesses: own your ease-of-doing business policies upfront and outright without shyste, and your customers will stay or walk of their own accord. How that plays out will inform the business whether the policy makes sense or not, for the long run. Don't hide behind lawyers and legal-speak to fog the games you're playing, and you will be closer to earning my grudging respect.

When you bump into shystyness in one part of a business though, you have to wonder about the rest of it.

Only an insufficiently..blahblahblah fool wouldn't.

I've seen enough shyste in enough places that I consider the entire hobby to be largely a den of vipers. Not everyone and not all the time, but enough to be very very careful and I warn others that are less experienced or savvy of the same. That seems to be the nice friendly thing to do. Who wouldn't want a nice friendly hobby pal that never bee-esses anything and would steer you toward the handful of other pros that don't? That some light being shined on some corners of the hobby makes the rats scurry, even if just for a minute or two, and outs those engaging or friends of those engaging with their weak sister counter-moves (lol)... just icing on the...

Top 10 Marvels: Amazing Lovely Cakes

It was only a matter of time before the really nice Byrne X-Men interior pages cracked the 6-figure mark.  These pages simply can't be $35-65K anymore when far, far lesser art is selling for as much or sometimes even (much) more in this environment where there is no financial gravity and money has lost all its meaning.. 

image.thumb.png.248b5ce4f522f2282e353baceb712c44.png

On 9/29/2021 at 2:32 PM, delekkerste said:

It was only a matter of time before the really nice Byrne X-Men interior pages cracked the 6-figure mark.  These pages simply can't be $35-65K anymore when far, far lesser art is selling for as much or sometimes even (much) more in this environment where there is no financial gravity and money has lost all its meaning.. 

image.thumb.png.248b5ce4f522f2282e353baceb712c44.png

This!

been saying it for the past two years.