• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s up with Ernie Gerber Enterprises?
6 6

191 posts in this topic

On 2/10/2022 at 7:06 PM, Poekaymon said:

700fbs have been $50 for a long time and they were just changed.  So yesterday you could get them for the $70-80 I mentioned.  And probably next week you will be able to again.  But you're right--that's speculation.

I'm glad we agree that the current market price on eBay is $84.25 (not $99). 

You didn't make your $70-$80 statement yesterday.  You made it today.....4 hours ago......and it was false.

I commented yesterday that the combo packs are selling for $99.  That was correct yesterday.  It also happens to be correct today.

And where did I say I was quoting current market prices?   The price that matters is what comes out of your wallet.....which would be over $90 no matter how you look at it (not the $70-$80 figure you gave).  

On 2/10/2022 at 7:06 PM, Poekaymon said:

Have a great night, and best of luck with your sales.

Technically, it's not really my sale.

But thanks......so far it's going great. (thumbsu

On 2/10/2022 at 7:11 PM, Poekaymon said:

You seem pretty upset.  This is all I was referring to right here--your comment that they are $99 on eBay.  This is factually incorrect.  Yesterday they were $75, and today they are $84.24.  You have agreed to this already, so my work is done.

Have a great night, and best of luck with your sales.

Why would you think I was upset?

You seem to be doing a little deleting.....which makes me wonder if you're upset.

The combos are selling for $99 on Ebay.  They were yesterday and they still are today.  Feel free to check the link I provided to the eBay search for identical combos.  However, the $70-$80 figure you gave today was factually incorrect.  That one is actually verifiable.  Now, of course, a lot of things sold for less in the past....even ones that can't be proven.  But that's not really relevant here, is it?  

And yes.....we agree that the least expensive price on eBay right now it 84.24 PLUS tax......which would be over $90.  So, quite a bit more than the $70-$80 figure you made up stated.

You have a great night too......and don't delete any more posts. :baiting:

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 2/10/2022 at 8:27 PM, Domo Arigato said:

You have a great night too......and don't delete any more posts. :baiting:

Yeah I was going to point out that you have not whatsoever shown that they are actually "selling for" $99.  But then I decided it was pointless to argue further.  Since you've dragged one more post out of me: all you've shown is that someone has one listed for sale for $99.  On an unrelated note, did you guys know that Spawn #1 9.8 is selling for $500,0000?  https://www.ebay.com/itm/255222191398  In fairness, that's signed by Toff Machardin.  But regular ones are apparently "selling for" $500.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/133991746278    And ASM 361s are "selling for" $2,162 https://www.ebay.com/itm/284275133782    And..  well, you get the point.  (Wait--do you get the point?)  

Anyway, I think we can all agree that whatever the eBay price is (be it a hopeful $99 or the $84.25 that it actually is or even $70 or less), Gerber charges $27 in multiples of 50 and $19  per 50 in multiples of 1000.  Wait for Gerber, guys.  

Edited by Poekaymon

On 2/10/2022 at 7:40 PM, Poekaymon said:

Yeah I was going to point out that you have not whatsoever shown that they are actually selling for $99.  But then I decided it was pointless to argue further.  Since you've dragged one more post out of me: all you've shown is that someone has one listed for sale for $99.  On an unrelated note, did you guys know that Spawn #1 9.8 is selling for $500,0000?  https://www.ebay.com/itm/255222191398  In fairness, that's signed by Toff Machardin.  But regular ones are apparently "selling for" $500.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/133991746278    And ASM 361s are "selling for" $2,162 https://www.ebay.com/itm/284275133782    And..  well, you get the point.  (Wait--do you get the point?)  

Some people get tired of being wrong..........some don't. lol

And I'm really beginning to wonder it you know what your point is. hm

Proof2.thumb.jpg.8d5c448d953b44d03e2092d5fe812a09.jpg

Proof3.thumb.jpg.bc210761f2b8ae159cbb8bed73845d9c.jpg

Anyway, I think we can all agree that whatever the eBay price is, be it $99 or $80 or $70 or even $60--Gerber charges $27 in multiples of 50 and $19 in multiples of 1000.  Wait for Gerber, guys.  

The same can be said for pretty much everything right now.  Comics prices are ridiculous.  Video games.  Cards.  Grading fees.  Wait times.  Everyone might as well close up their collecting hobby and wait for it all to implode.  Then we can all buy cheap collectibles, get them graded for a pittance and have them back in our hands in a week.

Everyone knows that you can get these for less from Gerber.  This isn't breaking news.  The difference is the wait time.  If someone is willing to wait for several months to get an order back from Gerber......then that's absolutely what they should do.  If they would rather have some in hand right now to get some of their books protected, then there are options for those that want to do that.  You seem like you're willing to wait.  Great!  You aren't everyone else.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 2/10/2022 at 9:13 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Some people get tired of being wrong..........some don't. lol

And I'm really beginning to wonder it you know what your point is. hm

See, this is why I deleted my post--I am just not willing to go all night correcting your posts.  It does nothing for me.  You on the other hand are desperate to peddle boards at 5x list price.  By the way, if you want to scalp, just do it.  It's fine.  I personally don't respect it, but it's not illegal.  Stop talking about "your friend."  On December 29th you sent me a totally unsolicited private message trying to sell me overpriced boards on behalf of "your friend" as well, when I had just posted a comment about the high eBay prices.  Just own it, man.  Have some backbone.

But I digress.  So we've already established that you can currently buy them on eBay for $84.25.  You made it sound like they are going for $99 (plus tax!), but we know that's not the case now.  Fine.  But I guess now we are moving on to a deep dive on sales averages, with screenshots and everything.  This will be my last post directed at you for the rest of my time on this forum, so let's make it a good one.  

So what evidence have you managed to post here to support the idea that these have indeed sold for $99, and not just that some enterprising individual (maybe its even you--I mean "your friend") has only listed it at $99?  One single sale in February (February 7) and then one sale on January 27?  You're really going to come at me with 2 measly sales?  It's almost not even fair.  But we've come this far, let's go all the way. (that's what she said)

1. Yesterday, February 9.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/284643877177   $103 after shipping (with best offer accepted, so we don't know how much lower that was), and this has > 100 < 725m2s, not 50.  Take off $25 for that, and it's a maximum of $78, and who knows how much lower.

2. Also February 9https://www.ebay.com/itm/403287030044  $173 after shipping for 100 of each, that's $86.50.

3. But forget those small timers.  Are you ready for the coup de grace?  https://www.ebay.com/itm/304241655944    This single seller has sold like 60 combo packs in the last month and a half for  >> $76 shipped <<  Including a bunch between the dates of your two sales, January 27 and February 7, and another 6 on February 8.  Since you like pictures:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.1510928d306ebbd677ded0de9fa1084c.jpg

He has a bunch more in January but I don't want to have to post 5 screenshots.  Sure is a heck of a lot more sold at $75.99 than $99 in that timeframe, eh?  That's what we call an outlier.  Also makes you wonder how those 2 $99s ever sold at all when this guy had a bunch available for $75.99 at exactly the same time.  (One born every minute I guess--maybe there's hope for that $500k Spawn!)

So what have we learned?

1.  The current price is $84.24

2.  The average sold price over the last month is far closer to $76.

Goodnight and god bless.

aliens-game-over-man.gif.35e81bf455d8d53e0d9967c3724b6ecb.gif

Edited by Poekaymon

On 2/10/2022 at 9:16 PM, Poekaymon said:

See, this is why I deleted my post--I am just not willing to go all night correcting your posts.  It does nothing for me.  You on the other hand are desperate to peddle boards at 5x list price.  By the way, if you want to scalp, just do it.  It's fine.  I personally don't respect it, but it's not illegal.  Stop talking about "your friend."  You were trying to sell me these boards months ago on behalf "your friend" as well.  Have some backbone.  

I think you deleted your post because even you don't know what your point is.  It's also probably why you've made about 5 "last posts" now.  However, I am still waiting for you to actually correct one thing I've said......with, you know, an actual fact..  And I wish I had a bunch of these bags and boards myself.  I would have absolutely no issue with selling them myself at the going rate right now.  You do realize that you're on a forum FULL of people that buy items as low as they can and then flip them for what profit the market will allow.  Right?  Please tell me you realize that. 

And with regard to "scalping", as you put it, you mentioned that you "personally don't respect it, but it's not illegal".  I think the next post in this thread shows everyone the value you put on your respect and integrity.....it appears to be worth a couple of hundred fullbacks you bought from some "scalpers" in December. :facepalm:

So, since you brought up the subject of backbones, how's that cardboard one of yours holding up?

But I digress.  So we've already established that you can currently buy them for $84.25.  You made it sound like they are going for $99, but $84 is much more accurate.  Okay, fair enough.

Still not correct.......but I'll stick with you until you get it right.  The combo packs are going for $99 right now, just like I said.  You can currently buy the individual product, separately, from two different sellers, for $84.25 PLUS tax......so over $90 total (but only 4 would be available at that price).  Which is still closer to the $99 figure I gave than your ridiculously low $70-$80 current figure that you made up.  

But I guess now we are moving on to a deep dive on sales averages, with screenshots and everything.  This will be my last post directed at you for the rest of my time on this forum, so let's make it a good one.  

Oh.....so this is now going to be your super official, honest to goodness, cross your heart, last post? lol

And who said anything about averages?  Please show me a single active listing on Ebay right now with a buy-it-now price of $average.

So what have you managed to post here to support the idea that these are indeed selling for $99?  One single sale in February (February 7) and then one sale on January 27. 

Yes, they're called sales, and they're from currently active listings.  You know......the things you were insinuating didn't exist. :baiting:

And you'll notice the two that sold for $99 in January also had $22.75 in shipping fees added on top of that price.....which would bring the total price to 121.75 for each combo pack. :whistle:

1. Yesterday, February 9.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/284643877177   $103 after shipping (with best offer accepted, so we don't know how much lower that was), and this has > 100 < 725m2s, not 50.  Take off $25 for that, and it's a MAXIMUM of $88, and who knows how much lower.

So.....you're using a single sale that happened yesterday......for a product that is no longer available for purchase from this seller.....for an amount that we can't know......to justify the incorrect statement you made today that you could currently buy combo packs for $70-$80?

I can't breathe. lol

2. Also February 9https://www.ebay.com/itm/403287030044  $173 after shipping for 100 of each, that's $86.50.

Ahhhhh......here's where that dreaded math is going to sneak up on you again........$86.50 PLUS tax......so over $90 per combo (not $70-$80).......and a potentially long wait time to receive them from Canada.

3. But forget those small timers.  Are you ready for the coup de grace, a single seller has sold like 60 combo packs in the last month and a half for  >> $76 shipped <<   https://www.ebay.com/itm/304241655944    Including like >> 18 <<  between the dates of your two sales, January 27 and February 8.  18 by a single seller.  Since you like pictures:

That's your coupe de grace?  Product that sold out two days ago at a price that is no longer available?  This is what you're using to justify the statement you made today that you can currently buy these for $70-$80?  I sincerely hope this isn't you last post.......because this is gold, Jerry......GOLD! :banana:

So what have we learned?

1.  The current price is $84.24 PLUS tax (over $90 total) if purchased separately from two different sellers

2.   Ebay does not allow you to purchase sold out product at prices that it sold for in the past.

I've graded your final exam and made the necessary corrections in red.

Class dismissed!!!

quot_o_6386457.jpg.395366df88f6254a7683fa2a603846de.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 2/10/2022 at 5:52 PM, Poekaymon said:

Anyway, I'd prefer everyone just wait for Gerber and not encourage scalpersAlready have this problem with PS5s and video cards.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that whatever the eBay price is (be it a hopeful $99 or the $84.25 that it actually is or even $70 or less), Gerber charges $27 in multiples of 50 and $19  per 50 in multiples of 1000.  Wait for Gerber, guys.  

Do as I say and not as I do. 

BWAH HA HA HA HA  :roflmao:

On 12/29/2021 at 9:00 AM, Poekaymon said:

So I looked on these forums and people seem to like the Gerber fullbacks.  Of course, they aren't available, but I have some free time over the holidays and really want to redo my books.  So I bought a couple hundred full backs (700FB) from some eBay scalpers.  Anyway, these have a bend too!  It's not as bad as the BCWs, but there is a definite curve.  They are certainly not flat. So my question is this: is that just how these come too?  Or did this scalper, besides charging me like 5x list price, send me crappy ones?  It just seems incredible to me that no one can make a flat backing board.  I get cardboard boxes by the 100s, and they ship flat and packed together, and they are always perfectly flat.  And those I couldn't care less if they are flat or not--just wondering why BCW and Gerber can't do the same.

Anyway, if this is as good as it gets, then I suppose I'll get more of them.  Just wanted to make sure. 

Edited by Domo Arigato

What an incredible co-ink-e-dink.....just arrived from E. Gerber........or a scalper? lol

And also for anyone interested........my sales thread was closed last night......all of the bags/boards have been spoken for. :cheers:

I'll go back and edit my original post to reflect this.

Edited by Domo Arigato

lol if you both are done now... Has anyone tried an ordered Archives from them? They were out of stock last fall with no estimate on when they would have them back. Good to see that their TaT is around a month. I think it took 10 weeks last fall when I ordered.

On 2/11/2022 at 4:04 PM, universal soldier said:

lol if you both are done now... Has anyone tried an ordered Archives from them? They were out of stock last fall with no estimate on when they would have them back. Good to see that their TaT is around a month. I think it took 10 weeks last fall when I ordered.

They are still not making them at the moment. 

I’m seeing Mylite2 / Fullback Silver combo packs for as low as $66 shipped now on eBay. Also $74 price point. Prices are starting to drop. :acclaim: I’m looking forward to being able to order direct from Gerber for the “normal” price and turnaround soon. (thumbsu

On 2/11/2022 at 7:04 PM, universal soldier said:

Good to see that their TaT is around a month. I think it took 10 weeks last fall when I ordered.

Still no FBs--they told me to check back in March.  But yes, my 1k M2s were just under a month from order to delivery.  Went ahead and catalogued, photographed, and rebagged around 800 books on the weekend.  Was a grueling task--respect to the people that do it all the time reselling collections.

I don’t know why so many of various industries finest product suppliers are just not set up to be competitive. They either won’t have a website at all or it will be something that hasn’t been updated from 2006 and doesn’t allow purchases online. They’ll not accept credit cards, only take orders thought the phone, make you subscribe to a newsletter to know what products they offer and then make you call to see what’s in stock. No order updates, no tracking, but they’ll have the best product available. How am I better equipped to sell online than these places? 

On 2/18/2022 at 7:05 PM, dupont2005 said:

I don’t know why so many of various industries finest product suppliers are just not set up to be competitive. They either won’t have a website at all or it will be something that hasn’t been updated from 2006 and doesn’t allow purchases online. They’ll not accept credit cards, only take orders thought the phone, make you subscribe to a newsletter to know what products they offer and then make you call to see what’s in stock. No order updates, no tracking, but they’ll have the best product available. How am I better equipped to sell online than these places? 

When I first went to get some, I noted that the website looked like something I made in 1998 for my small computer business--but even my site had a shopping cart function.  After finding no shopping cart on their site, it did look as though you could place orders over email, but I emailed and was curtly told that they only take orders over the phone.  I haven't read someone my credit card info over the phone in like 10 years.  They have the demand problem solved.  Supply and logistics... not so much.

My pet peeve is that there isn't a 1-800 number, so I'll call them long distance to place orders. They usually answer the phone "E. Gerber, please hold" and then I'll sit on hold for 20-30 minutes before speaking to someone. Other times they forget about me altogether. I've actually taken to purchasing calling cards when I know it's time to place an order with them. But what can I say? I like their stuff. I have no choice but to tolerate it.

Somebody's ship must have come in, as last week hundreds of listings of Mylites 2 finally showed up on eBay. I paid $35.99 shipped for 50 silvers, and they got here like 2 days later. Not sure if that's a good price or not, I just saw them and bought them! To me, my bags! (This joke would be funnier if I'd been buying backing boards, and I said "To me, my boards", but hey, this site is free, you get what you get.)

Edited by F For Fake

On 2/23/2022 at 1:00 PM, F For Fake said:

Somebody's ship must have come in, as last week hundreds of listings of Mylites 2 finally showed up on eBay. I paid $35.99 shipped for 50 silvers, and they got here like 2 days later. Not sure if that's a good price or not, I just saw them and bought them! To me, my bags! (This joke would be funnier if I'd been buying backing boards, and I said "To me, my boards", but hey, this site is free, you get what you get.)

Looks like the market for Mylites 2 and Fullbacks is still hot.

Hotflips is still offering combo packs (50 bags and 50 boards) on Ebay in the "Standard" size for $99 + $22.75 shipping and they've sold 26 of them since March.