• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s up with Ernie Gerber Enterprises?
6 6

191 posts in this topic

Yeah, I talked to George, too, and got the same story. Hard to believe they can't store a handful of boxes - or given their backlog that they couldn't at least look at filling someone else with these and filling mine later - but we're probably not a big part of their business and they just don't feel the need to try and work with people like you and me.

If they hadn't given me the "we won't have these again until next year" bit, I might have reduced my order. But I'm leaning towards just getting them all.

On 9/28/2021 at 2:49 PM, musicmeta said:

Acid free boxes have sky rocketed in cost.  E. Gerber "had" them at 5 boxes for $75 plus shipping.  Now it's like $40 to $50 per box at other sites like from Bill Cole.  

it was always like that - nothing new

I'm now checking my credit card obsessively to see if I've been charged. :insane: Hoping I see my order soon :wishluck:

On 9/29/2021 at 8:40 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you mean cgc, call cgc tomorrow talk to accounting and tell them to charge it lol

I mention for those of us who have books there and want to send in more, better that than to get charged for multiple subs all at one time!  doh!

:gossip: eGerber

My CGC economy sub is through my LCS so I can't see my status. All I know is SFG 9/2/21 :ohnoez:

On 9/29/2021 at 7:44 PM, universal soldier said:

:gossip: eGerber

My CGC economy sub is through my LCS so I can't see my status. All I know is SFG 9/2/21 :ohnoez:

Ya I caught it late, and it was on my mind lol

Best laid plans and all  :wishluck:

On 9/29/2021 at 7:48 PM, Robot Man said:

We have 75 of them floating out in the Pacific Ocean right now. Was at the beach this morning and couldn't believe it. 

Indeed

Just got the email with the invoice that my CC was charged! Tracking number provided later tonight. FYI, I ordered July 27th so a little over 9 weeks. Hopefully arrives by the 10 week mark. :whee:

How I feel right now 

Edited by universal soldier

On 9/30/2021 at 1:59 PM, universal soldier said:

Just got the email with the invoice that my CC was charged! Tracking number provided later tonight. FYI, I ordered July 27th so a little over 9 weeks. Hopefully arrives by the 10 week mark.

I ordered on the 25th or 26th, so about the same time for me.

On 9/28/2021 at 5:27 PM, ttfitz said:

If they hadn't given me the "we won't have these again until next year" bit, I might have reduced my order. But I'm leaning towards just getting them all.

Good news is I found someone to pick up my order for me (a friend of my brother). Bad news is it was only half of what I expected (Brenda told me they were limiting the amount, but went ahead and put the order in for what I wanted) so it wasn't as much savings as I had hoped. Probably would have just told them to go ahead and ship if I had known.

A buddy of mine has a bunch of unopened packs of Mylites2 and Full-Backs he isn't going to use.  If anyone is interested, they should let me know if it's worth my time to help him out and post them for sale in the forum.  Otherwise, he's probably just going to throw them up on Ebay.  I made a post in the Sale Announcement area but really didn't get much of a reponse.

Edited by Domo Arigato

Diamond Comics Websites Have Been Down All Day

Posted on  
by Rich Johnston
| 

Diamond Comic Distributors tweeted out the news. I'm quite impressed they got that to work. "We are currently experiencing systems issues which may affect order processing and communications. We appreciate your patience." That means Diamond Pullbox, Previewsworld, the retailer site, Diamond UK, Alliance Games, Hake's Americana & Collectibles, Geppi Family Enterprises, and more of their websites are all down.

They followed up to say "Due to a hardware issue, Diamond offices will be closed today while repairs are made. Information on FOC will be shared when available.""

Edited by sckao

My LCS is waiting for all different kinds of bags and boards for a month.

Using my alternative, I decided to order the bags and boards via Graham Crackers website.  I received them but the brand names I never heard of.  Comic ProLine & Vintage Collectible and Accessories.  Surprisedly both companies' prices are 1/4 less than BCW price.  Nice qualify.