• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any of the old boardies still around?
10 10

350 posts in this topic

It’s great to see a bunch of you guys popping out of the woodwork to say hello. :hi: I wasted many enjoyable hours here for a bunch of years, even though my post count never showed it. 

8 hours ago, joeypost said:

I’m still around. And, hoping to get back to a show in the UK soon. 

Good to see you’re still around, Joey. Looking forward to seeing you over here again one day. Sadly LSCC is no more which is a damned shame as it was easily the best UK con but hopefully the other cons should be going again soon. Let us know if you’re heading over any time.

6 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

Garry,

I met you at LSCC!  I remember you telling the story of the Brad Pitt “Fury” movie being filmed on your farm.  Your wife was picking apples in the background while filming.  You LSCC guys can really drink!

My plans to attend TankFest in Dorset were canceled by the pandemic.

All the best!

You have a great memory, mine is a bit more fuzzy due to the beer but I do remember that was a very fun weekend that time. I remember seeing your machine gun videos and I remember you bought one of my Marvel T shirts. I’m pretty sure we all thought you were the boardie with the most ironic board name ever. lol

I joined in 2008, a number of years after the boards started, and so, from that perspective, I’m a relatively new arrival and don’t qualify.

In other words, I’m getting old and 2008 feels like yesterday. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

6 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

Garry,

I met you at LSCC!  I remember you telling the story of the Brad Pitt “Fury” movie being filmed on your farm.  Your wife was picking apples in the background while filming.  You LSCC guys can really drink!

My plans to attend TankFest in Dorset were canceled by the pandemic.

All the best!

I misread this as 'the Brad Pitt Furry movie' and got VERY scared. 

Still alive and buying......throw back to my my old Comic Shop   he retired several years back leaving Stamford with no more comic stores

Captain Ameria and Timeless Journey.jpg

Edited by WEBHEAD

10 hours ago, marvelcollector said:

Probably weren't thinking of me, but I'm here.

I'll get to 10,000 posts one day.

My goal is to reach 10,000 posts by November 31, 2021. (shrug)

Somewhat related topic... I'm honestly curious how our current post counts came to be. I assume us old-timers are all missing a fairly large number of posts, no? Like, never quite a full reboot of the count but some setbacks/hiccups along the way. I've done oceans of posts the last few years but my post count has stayed around 25-26K.

1 minute ago, Point Five said:

Somewhat related topic... I'm honestly curious how our current post counts came to be. I assume us old-timers are all missing a fairly large number of posts, no? Like, never quite a full reboot of the count but some setbacks/hiccups along the way. I've done oceans of posts the last few years but my post count has stayed around 25-26K.

Your post count is going backwards since the site reboot