• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AF 9.6 coming to auction
7 7

704 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2021 at 1:52 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Make that 560k. For many of us yes it would be. But as stated in the past not many exist in 6.0 and higher maybe 225 but most likely less due to people submitting books over and over again. Most likely around only 150 or so exist in the entire world.That is not much for such a popular hero as Spiderman.

This is a stretch 

I just paid my $522 auction wins from last night and said "My decision to bid on the AF15 will be made based on how fast this order gets to me". That should speed that order right up.

Edited by PKJ

On 8/31/2021 at 7:36 AM, Chicago Boy said:

... There will probably come a day when the Allentown Detective 27 will supplant the Church Action 1, much in the same way that AF 15 has permanently supplanted both FF 1 and Showcase 4 .... popularity DOES matter 2c GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I believe this to be true.  Tec 27 will ultimately be the king of the hobby

The top grades are already worth millions, and that still isn't enough to shake them loose. GOD BLESS...

On 8/31/2021 at 5:42 PM, Mmehdy said:

over 2.8 M now, looks like my 3.0 is gonna get blown away

Yes... it will be. And once and for all, Action 1 will be spanked into submission. :baiting: GOD BLESS....

On 8/30/2021 at 11:35 AM, Batmanis#1 said:

This sale is already having an effect on prices this AF CGC 8.0 ends today already at 540k last one sold 2-3 weeks ago on CL asking price was 350k I believe seller took 300k. I think this sale (the 9.6) will be a game changer for AF15.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/925735?tzf=1

Or maybe it's the CGC 8.0 copy selling for a staggering $560K that's the game changer and pushed the 9.6 copy right up to the $3M mark for now?  (:

On 8/31/2021 at 5:56 PM, jimjum12 said:

Yes... it will be. And once and for all, Action 1 will be spanked into submission. :baiting: GOD BLESS....

No it'll just take one of the 9.0s to get to auction for that to reclaim the record imo. The record holder is dependent on whichever top grade certified TEC AC or AF happen to go last. It'll be like a very slow merry go round.

On 8/31/2021 at 5:30 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Any thoughts on what's keeping this book from a 9.8 ?  Top left hand corner of the spine on FC ? Anyone see the grader notes ?

That it was a 9.4 and pressed to a 9.6? 

I think it has been pushed as far as it can.

On 8/31/2021 at 12:21 PM, UncleBEN said:
   On 8/30/2021 at 4:52 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Make that 560k. For many of us yes it would be. But as stated in the past not many exist in 6.0 and higher maybe 225 but most likely less due to people submitting books over and over again. Most likely around only 150 or so exist in the entire world.That is not much for such a popular hero as Spiderman.

On 8/31/2021 at 12:21 PM, UncleBEN said:

This is a stretch 

not a stretch, just plain wrong lol

Somehow, I'm waiting for the equivalent of the 1918 Black Sox Scandal. Lots of money, lots of temptation. Lots of manipulation  possible. It continues to strike me that grading shifts from time to time almost imperceptibly but when you start cracking open cases and regrading and it has a profound affect on the census, money really talks. I certainly don't profess to be some insider on how this all goes, but it just doesn't feel quite right. I don't think it will happen right  here but temptation is a real thing.