• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets see your books that have 50 or fewer copies on the Census
17 17

378 posts in this topic

skipped 101, it's only got 33 but sadly no image. 103 has 31 copies - i have an image but it's huge and i dont want to resize it, 104 has a staggering 48, 105 a more normal 32.

every other issue of this series with the odd exception of 118 has less than 50, most less than 30. I'm not subjecting the boards to their pictures i think maybe the above will suffice.

only 18 copies of 120. I dont have an image of my copy which is sad because it's a really nice book.

needless to say, when i started this Quixotic attempt i thoughtlessly failed to recognize that mid-60s third-rate DC books would not actually be all that plentiful. oh well, i'm in for more than a few pennies at this point so i'm just going to have to figure out how many more pounds i want to devote

DP_104_94.jpg

DP_105fc_small.jpg

Last one. 28 copies. This is filed under the category "Why did I buy this?" which is a bit larger than i would like it to be but live and learn as the saying goes

sea_devils24fc_s.jpg

Edited by Sal
forgot census count like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person

On 9/9/2024 at 5:54 AM, D84 said:

Now 51 on the census, so I guess this no longer qualifies.

I always wonder whether the people that crack and press eventually send in the old labels to have those particular entries removed from the census...

On 9/9/2024 at 12:59 PM, Yorick said:

I always wonder whether the people that crack and press eventually send in the old labels to have those particular entries removed from the census...

I've never resubmitted a book I've cracked.  I would be happy to send the numbers in to get them removed from the census, but I want to keep the labels with the book and they won't just take our word for it last I asked (which was a few years ago.)

On 9/9/2024 at 1:01 PM, OtherEric said:

I've never resubmitted a book I've cracked.  I would be happy to send the numbers in to get them removed from the census, but I want to keep the labels with the book and they won't just take our word for it last I asked (which was a few years ago.)

I too keep the labels with my raw books.  If I ever decided to send the book back in for slabbing, I'd probably send the label with it.  I understand the thinking behind NOT sending the labels, but if you've altered the book prior to sending it back in - then it's going to get a grade regardless.

On 9/9/2024 at 1:01 PM, OtherEric said:

They have never taken someone's word for it - nor should they.  They used to be ok with a pic of the label sent in on your phone.  But that leaves a door open to fraud as well.  So now that's changed to requiring the label itself.