• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us what's on your Bookshelf!
3 3

309 posts in this topic

On 9/25/2021 at 1:04 PM, Flex Mentallo said:

Only thing I have of note is Hardcovers of the Dark Tower series, I've got the 1st three in the collected slipcase and the 4th in the Grant edition.  (3rd print 1st book, 2nd print 2nd, 1st print 3rd). 

On 9/25/2021 at 3:04 PM, Flex Mentallo said:

cool!   many of those are “limited edition” books.  my firsts collection is of what we call “trade editions,” plain ol’ bookseller copies.  

On 9/26/2021 at 6:50 PM, Straw-Man said:

cool!   many of those are “limited edition” books.  my firsts collection is of what we call “trade editions,” plain ol’ bookseller copies.  

I think the Wizard & Glass by King was “limited “ to 40,000 copies… which isn’t limited at all unless you’re Stephen King

On 9/27/2021 at 2:50 AM, Straw-Man said:

Give me 'plain ol'trade editions every time! Many of the sci fi authors I collect did not get published in trade hardcover editions back in the day, so I've had to settle for book club editions where they exist. (CJ Cherryh comes to mind). Thankfully that situation has changed. As for 'deluxe' editions, that market seems to have gone berserk. I love having fine bindings of favorite books, but some of these have now become over elaborate to my eye. (I refused a set of complete short stories by Philip K D. produced by the Folio Society because the color design resembled blancmange)

Image of The Complete Short Stories  book

Edited by Flex Mentallo