• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021 Baltimore Comic-Con
2 2

156 posts in this topic

On 10/24/2021 at 10:10 PM, wombat said:

We left about 3:30. And holy carp. The line to get covid bracelet was so far down the street i couldn't even see the end. I have no idea how long that would have taken. 

Took this picture from inside the convention center about 3pm on Saturday:

Ifimage.thumb.png.51f14bacd70bd3de311250556827a263.png

If you look to the left hand side, there's a guy holding up a sign, that's the end of the line. It went around off the left edge of the picture to some undetermined place where it crossed over to the part in the foreground. The upper right is the far corner of the convention center away from where the entrance was.

So, yeah, a crazy long line at 3pm on Saturday.

Given my exceedingly short list of affordable books that I want in the condition I look for, coupled with my exceedingly cheap nature, this year I stuck mostly to the bargain bins. Picked up about 40 books from the dollar boxes that filled misc. holes of stuff I had missed somehow in my weekly pulls along with a few Buffy related stuff for my daughter:

image.thumb.png.d01bfc3b138f86e6b1c13f4748611fc5.png

Also picked up a number of TPB collections of stuff I've been reading with my (adult) kids, and a few things we  haven't started yet:

image.thumb.png.e9e95806cb6353b28f6f04dff3c432a4.png

Most for $4, a couple for $5, so a lot of good reading for not a lot of bucks.

I rolled up there at about 11am on Saturday and, I too, was stunned to see how long the line was.  It might have been the longest I had ever seen it.  

That said, the con never felt "crowded" inside.  The past few years (in that 1230-2pm) time frame it's jam-packed, shoulder-to-shoulder walking thru certain aisles.  

I liked that the con location was back in the room it used to be in many years ago.  I always preferred that one to the "bigger" room of the past few years.   

It was a fun show.  Lot's of great books at the show and deals to be had.  Might try and do Friday next year instead of Saturday.  

On 10/24/2021 at 10:29 PM, FlyingDonut said:

My feet hurt. BTW next year - October 28-30, 2022.

Well that may mean I can’t make next year. The cocktail party is the same weekend.

On 10/24/2021 at 10:29 PM, FlyingDonut said:

My feet hurt. BTW next year - October 28-30, 2022.

Terrible weekend for me - my wife would kill me if I was gone for Halloween weekend :( Looks like I'll be going to Heroes next year as my out of town get away Con.  Hopefully 2023 will be earlier.

On 10/25/2021 at 7:11 AM, chrisco37 said:

It was a fun show.  Lot's of great books at the show and deals to be had.  Might try and do Friday next year instead of Saturday.  

I enjoy Fridays at this con. Much less crowded, and I'm able to get to meet some of the more popular creators easier with the smaller crowds.

What with many of the people I wanted to talk to cancelling this year, I managed to see everyone I was interested in on the guest list on Friday except Garth Ennis. So it was one of those good-news-bad-news kinda things.

Here are the pictures I took on Friday afternoon.  The crowds did seem pretty light but the people that were there seem to be buying books and I didn't see many people in the artist area.  I hope Nick is doing ok since his booth was empty on Friday.  I heard he may be having some family issues so my fingers are crossed it gets resolved since he is a great guy.

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG