• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the Scarcest Comic Books of the 1950s?
6 6

81 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2021 at 8:41 AM, MB1952 said:

This book looks like it doesn’t exist!!!

can’t find no data of sales online. 
extremely rare!!!! 

B77071D6-9B66-48C2-8331-9C547235BF17.jpeg

My Desire Intimate Confessions #4 (April 1950) was the original use of that cover, famously reprinted (with new dialogue) in the commonly seen True Life Secrets 23 (Nov.-Dec. 1954).  Super rare comic, but some do exist.

On 9/26/2021 at 9:10 PM, Dr. Love said:

This topic comes up from time to time.  I'd be more interested if it was a list of books 

you've never even seen, it's never been slabbed, it's never been sold, noone you know or has heard of has ever owned one or known someone who has owned a copy

what are the comic equivalents of Big Foot?

The one book I can think of that once met that description is Double Action #1.  After decades of speculation about whether it existed and what the cover looked like, the single existing copy finally surfaced a few years ago and now resides in the collection of Mark Zaid.

Edited by RareHighGrade

On 9/28/2021 at 12:50 PM, RareHighGrade said:

The one book I can think of that once met that description is Double Action #1.  After decades of speculation about whether it existed and what the cover looked like, the single existing copy finally surfaced a few years abo and now resides in the collection of Mark Zaid.

Did a Double Action 1 really appear? Or are you thinking of the Ashcan copy of Double Action Comics 1 that was listed in Overstreet that came back to market awhile back?

On 9/30/2021 at 10:11 AM, buttock said:

What a strange printing error.  I can't figure it out.  The black just didn't stick over the red, but stuck everywhere else?  Why would that happen?

Thanks @Robot Man wasn't even a copy when CC auctioned the rest of the digest  issues a few auctions ago.

@buttock not sure, maybe a storage issue over the years (sunlight exposure?). I lucked out as the seller had very little feedback and had the usual "I am not a comic grader/collector,  selling for a friend" in the listing.

Bad pics also ,so I had very little competition. Very happy to own it :x