• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There is nothing sexier than a hot hot model
5 5

390 posts in this topic

On 7/31/2024 at 11:04 PM, batman_fan said:

Tonights winnings

Quite possibly my favorite win.  Loved the Banana Splits as a kid!

BananaSplits.thumb.jpeg.999c8297f12136806b1c6255efe6a5fc.jpeg

Down to only one more to finish the entire set.

PrehistoricScenes.thumb.jpeg.b96534fcd694ab2eae96770634daaecc.jpeg

This takes me to 3 of the 6 in the series, all sealed.

WolfmanWagon.thumb.jpeg.2f93e418dcae12df52728c05f241a647.jpeg

So I just bought an open kit to finish the runout this sealed one was priced at a bargain

frankLightening.thumb.jpeg.45b2b765753983ca559e33273db02480.jpeg

Congrats on the Jungle Swamp. That was a decent price you got it for, no?

On 8/1/2024 at 8:02 AM, batman_fan said:

Not bad, just under $300 with the BP

I don't follow the sealed kit market too closely, but the Swamp always seems to be among the higher priced Prehistoric Scenes when I come across one.

On 8/1/2024 at 6:05 AM, dick pontoon said:

I don't follow the sealed kit market too closely, but the Swamp always seems to be among the higher priced Prehistoric Scenes when I come across one.

I am amazed at how much prices vary on the kits.  You can have a kit auction for $600 and then 3 month later only go for $250.  A sealed Captain America went for less than $800 with the BP.  An open Big Frank with a nice box went for almost $6500.  It is crazy

On 5/16/2024 at 1:17 AM, Hepcat said:

By the early spring of 1964 I had a morning Monday to Saturday paper route delivering the London Free Press from which I earned the princely sum of $2.76 per week. This left me sufficiently well off financially to actually buy some of the model kits that looked particularly tempting. The Aurora German "Wolfpack" U-Boat featuring Jo Kotula's box art which I'd been admiring at Tuckey Hardware a couple of blocks away from my house became the first of about a dozen military model kits. Here's a photo of the one from my present day collection:

GermanWolfpackUBoatModelKit_zps86a20803.

Though I wasn't bold enough to try painting it at the time, I was very pleased with the way it turned out and thus encouraged to build more. I don't clearly remember but I may have built either a Graf Spee or Bismarck as well:

I had that same Aurora U-Boat kit back in the day. :cloud9:

I'd love to get back into building models again one of these days.