• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your GGA!
14 14

798 posts in this topic

On 11/13/2021 at 5:56 PM, Robot Man said:

And while I am talking peepers, here are a few more. All of these ladies are in perilous situations. They seem to be pleading with the reader to save them...

BC4826E9-EA5D-4FC6-BD07-737844F6D74B.jpeg

85250DBF-BAA9-4955-8756-DFA23CABBEE3.jpeg

85DCAD2E-9F2B-4161-8D94-5A8AB4E5367B.jpeg

I don't know about their eyes but the one woman has a serious problem with armpit hair that's grown in the shape of 40....

On 11/21/2021 at 9:40 AM, szav said:

Pardon me counselor but I'm going to have to call for a mistrial on this judgment here.  Cow Puncher 6 is one of my top 5 favorite books of the GA.  I would gladly have made a once in a decade for me reach on this one over 10k if not for the awful front cover shadows.  I'm assuming others may have felt the same.  GA 9.4s are supposed to be unicorns that look flat out amazing...and not inspire a woah...hmm...whats up with that grade response.  

I just couldn't bring myself to bid seriously on it knowing that my eye would be drawn to the defect every time.  The forgiveness of dust shadows on high grade ped books has been discussed before, but its much easier for me to forgive on the back cover.  The best I could rationalize for this is an 8.0 but even then looking at it would bother me.

image.thumb.png.f079ad7b7d96a697a4a2767db6d972d9.png

Objection sustained!!

I bid on the Cow Puncher #7 and had the grader notes purchased beforehand. I really wondered if this 9.0 was spot on or if it had any additional flaws inside. Well, notes say very light, multiple tear top left back cover (which I only can guess about from the scan) and, interestingly, "pedigree coding front cover". 

On 11/21/2021 at 5:47 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Lots to talk about after this Heritage auction, so I’ll lead off with a Gilligans Island reference: here the comic world has spoken, and we prefer Mary Ann over Ginger

D3879716-960E-4174-9D55-D40F7CE5E78C.jpeg

I've always liked CP #7, and thought this copy was a beauty, but I dropped out long before it reached almost 20X the price a 9.0 last sold for.