• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello Lurkers! Yes you! Why don’t you post more?
15 15

972 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2021 at 8:13 PM, DR.X said:

This place is nothing like it was when I joined. I did not know one person. Nada. You would get taken apart at the seams, or accused of being a shill. No crying, whining, you're picking on me, I'm never coming back. You just took the lumps until it eased up. I never took it personal or held a grudge. It didn't bug me that much. If some of the original guys were still here like Nik, Dice X, Watson, and some others, some of these cry babies would be in therapy. :banana:

+1  lol

On 11/1/2021 at 1:13 PM, DR.X said:

This place is nothing like it was when I joined. I did not know one person. Nada. You would get taken apart at the seams, or accused of being a shill. No crying, whining, you're picking on me, I'm never coming back. You just took the lumps until it eased up. I never took it personal or held a grudge. It didn't bug me that much. If some of the original guys were still here like Nik, Dice X, Watson, and some others, some of these cry babies would be in therapy. :banana:

My experience exactly.  I did not make me 'post less' lol 

On 11/1/2021 at 4:13 PM, DR.X said:

I've had to deal with some "big meanies" a couple times and told them to pound sand right back. It's the internet, to be expected that you'll run into a few keyboard warriors from time to time. ef em' anyways.

I have noticed it is a quite "shilly" here recently but much tamer than it was. I do miss the burn the witch days sometimes. :cloud9:

On 11/1/2021 at 4:21 PM, kav said:

My experience exactly.  I did not make me 'post less' lol 

And do you think your early experience here - which I also remember - was the sort of thing we should be shooting for?

On 10/31/2021 at 4:39 PM, DR.X said:

Why is it when anyone on here gets the boot, there first recourse is to run to Ditch's forum and continue whining and crying.

People discuss things. Some do it via PM and some do it elsewhere. I don't have a problem with discussions as long as they're respectful.

On 10/31/2021 at 8:14 PM, skypinkblu said:

I guess I shouldn't have tried to warn you...no good deed and all that. 

I didn't get a warning.

I was making a post, posted an explanation vaguely referencing about talking here 'or elsewhere' and my intent was to diffuse arguing, then the thread was locked, after which I saw that there was a warning in the thread somewhere prior to my post (as happens on here) and when the thread was locked I could do nothing else.

I'd even quote the post for transparency but it's all been scrubbed (not even in my 'removed posts' section')

After the thread was locked, I messaged CGC mod11 to explain that I wasn't even talking about other forums because I had a feeling I was going to be moderated for something that I didn't feel was worth moderation and CGCmod11's reply was one phrase: "or elsewhere" and nothing else.

I took that reply that the phrase was not to be used.

And then got 3 weeks. It seemed excessive considering how benign the post was and how vague the phrase was, but I took my lumps.

On 10/31/2021 at 8:14 PM, skypinkblu said:

I know you get upset if people mention you. I'm only answering here because I really don't like rumours.

Welcome to my world. lol:cry::wink:

-------------------------------------------------

I don't get upset at people mentioning me. I only dislike when people make things up out of thin air, so we agree on this. I don't like rumors either.

And to be frank, I hated having to even post what I did last week but it is an inconsistency I don't understand. It may have been better to have brought it up in the Moderation Action discussion thread but it hadn't crossed my mind at the time. I certainly didn't  mean to cause a dumpster fire here over a perceived inconsistency.

On 10/31/2021 at 4:23 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

I'm asking you to stop

I've already agreed in the spirit of friendship to make my posts less wordy (but that's something I've wanted to focus on for a long time anyway so it just spurs me on) but when I don't want to see anyone's posts, I just ignore people that annoy or irritate me. I don't think me asking someone else on the internet to 'stop' is really my place to do to anyone.

Edited by VintageComics

On 11/1/2021 at 3:13 PM, DR.X said:

I don't know. I've run into a couple of douchebags already. Not really making me want to continue to post here or be a part of this community.