• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello Lurkers! Yes you! Why don’t you post more?
15 15

972 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2021 at 10:23 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

Is anyone 'done with that place' ?   :sumo:

No?

didn't think so.  :cloud9:

This is not directed a the OP but historically, those that say publicly they are done with this place usually come back in a day or two weeks. Someone that is truly done, just disappears without a word. 

On 10/31/2021 at 2:55 AM, CAHokie said:

This is not directed a the OP but historically, those that say publicly they are done with this place usually come back in a day or two weeks. Someone that is truly done, just disappears without a word. 

First time I've seen an FDQ on another forum, regarding this forum, and then do a complete 360.

Someone really threw their toys out of their pram. Classic. :cloud9:

gettyimages-bldjp022005_22-612x612.jpg

On 10/31/2021 at 12:12 AM, thehumantorch said:

What's going on on the other forum?

+1 Help the clueless?   (shrug)

Edited by universal soldier

On 10/29/2021 at 5:46 PM, thehumantorch said:

Hang on there.  I just read that thread, thanks for the link.  The vast majority of the comments attempt to educate the OP on the grade and costs of grading and the value of the book once it's graded.  The rest are the usual back and forth and joking around but I don't see anything out of line.  Could you post a comment that's brutal?

Perhaps "brutal" was an overstatement. But I don't feel like people saying they wanted to laugh, that it would take bribery to get a 9.0, to suggest that comparing his book to some from an online dealer was an insult to them (when in fact the responder had misunderstood his comparison), things like that are unduly harsh to a new member. Yes, overall there were as you said, but even some of those I thought could have phrased things in a more "newbie friendly" manner.

It was more the manner of the statements that rubbed me the wrong way.

On 10/31/2021 at 1:14 AM, G G © ® ™ said:
On 10/31/2021 at 1:11 AM, ttfitz said:

It was more the manner of the statements that rubbed me the wrong way.

:whatthe:

Is that not an expression "over there"?

Or should I expect an appearance in the Out of Context thread?

On 10/30/2021 at 10:45 PM, ttfitz said:

Is that not an expression "over there"?

Or should I expect an appearance in the Out of Context thread?

I know pissed means something entirely different in GG land-

On 10/30/2021 at 6:49 PM, Ken Aldred said:
On 10/30/2021 at 6:40 PM, Larryw7 said:

A veteran boardie once locked a sandwich in his car at a comic convention, and it led to a classic thread.

It was tragic. It was apparently a really, really nice sandwich. The boards were saddened by the senseless waste.

That was me. It was my first time at SD and there were rumors that the sandwich turned into Godzilla or something similar.

Thankfully, we managed to subdue it and everything ended well.

Can you believe 2010 was over a decade ago? WTFred?

On 10/30/2021 at 9:55 PM, CAHokie said:

There was always the hope...