• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello Lurkers! Yes you! Why don’t you post more?
15 15

972 posts in this topic

On 10/8/2022 at 3:20 PM, The lips said:

I like to contribute where I can but a lot of the time I do t like to interfere with people who have both far superior collections and knowledge than I do. 

I understand it can be intimidating sometimes.  But it’s really all about the fun of collecting and there’s no wrong way to do it.  Everyone’s collection and knowledge starts at the same place.  

On 10/9/2022 at 3:06 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

I understand it can be intimidating sometimes.  But it’s really all about the fun of collecting and there’s no wrong way to do it.  Everyone’s collection and knowledge starts at the same place.  

I knew a fair bit about the hobby before I joined here, but now I know a thousand times more thanks to these Boards.

Whatever your budget, your collection is your collection. You can admire what all the millionaires own, but you love what you personally own, no matter how humble.

Edited by Paul © ® ™

On 10/9/2022 at 10:10 AM, Paul © ® ™ said:

I knew a fair bit about the hobby before I joined here, but now I know a thousand times more thanks to these Boards.

Whatever your budget, your collection is your collection. You can admire what all the millionaires own, but you love what you personally own, no matter how humble.

Agreed.

On 10/8/2022 at 3:20 PM, The lips said:

I like to contribute where I can but a lot of the time I do t like to interfere with people who have both far superior collections and knowledge than I do. 

I get that, I was totally blown away when I first got here...but then I found that people even found parts of my collection that were different, even though I was a very low grade collector...and I learned so much by being able to ask questions.

For me, real life gets in the way a lot and my participation level drops accordingly. I didn't participate from late 2014 - 2019 (or even buy a single back issue  :whatthe:) being a single dad putting my daughter through college. My priorities shifted, comics and my inteactions here needed to take a back seat for a while. Even now life gets crazy with 2 Patriots games, a wedding and 3 October birthdays over the course of 6 weeks. (Plus keeping my SO from kicking me out of the house for not paying enough attention to her. :insane:)

On 10/9/2022 at 3:06 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

Oh yeah I’m definitely more a fun collector and certainly don’t but to sell on at profit. 
I’d actually class myself as quite knowledgeable but not in same league as some. 
i know I’ll never enter the world of the serious blue chip issues ( unless win lottery ) but I’m very much proud of my collection. 
I’ve literally today just pulled the trigger on ASM 122 which has been a personal grail of mine for a while and I’m delighted. The buzz of knowing it’s bought is great. 
once landed I’ll be sharing on all the relevant threads !