• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2021 at 12:10 AM, Logan510 said:

That's the hill you want to die on?

That's the ridiculous part. If you go into someones house and they ask you to take off your shoes do you impertinently refuse and just do whatever you want?

lol I said the same thing, got told my post was spam.

It's not pointed at anyone in particular, yet in the big "picture" cutting down on spam is the concern :) 

@CGC Mike surely the updates are soon? will there be an announcement if the boards will be down?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/15/2021 at 10:42 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I said the same thing, got told my post was spam.

It's not pointed at anyone in particular, yet in the big "picture" cutting down on spam is the concern :) 

@CGC Mike surely the updates are soon? will there be an announcement if the boards will be down?

well, when you say it is IS spam. :whistle:

Since this post from Logan was quoting me I will say that this isn't a hill in a war, no one is dying here. :facepalm: Nor is it someone's living room. There are no need for analogies when all facts are known, especially analogies that aren't analogous. I disagreed. Strongly, yes. But I also didn't start using the phrase all over the place impertinently. 

Anyway. 

Who is stronger, Hulk or Thor?

On 11/15/2021 at 9:52 AM, Bird said:

Since this post from Logan was quoting me I will say that this isn't a hill in a war, no one is dying here. :facepalm: Nor is it someone's living room. There are no need for analogies when all facts are known, especially analogies that aren't analogous. I disagreed. Strongly, yes. But I also didn't start using the phrase all over the place impertinently. 

Anyway. 

True Enough! It's all a bit silly :) 

All Hulk vs Thor were good reads, the ones I've been lucky to! :shy: 

On 11/15/2021 at 10:54 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

True Enough! It's all a bit silly :) 

All Hulk vs Thor were good reads, the ones I've been lucky to! :shy: 

I just think we should keep it in perspective. We love this place so we get emotional, me too. But it should be fun. And we are adults. (And women can like sexual innuendo and double entendre too; thinking otherwise is somewhat stereotypical.)

Or we can do Hulk vs Thor. Or both, this that and the other preferably.

Okay, the others will be waking soon. See you tomorrow in another 12 pages or something!

On 11/15/2021 at 9:52 AM, Bird said:

Anyway. 

You can facepalm me all you want, but your post came across as if posted by an impertinent child.

My apologies if that wasn't your intention.

On 11/15/2021 at 11:16 AM, Logan510 said:

You can facepalm me all you want, but your post came across as if posted by an impertinent child.

My apologies if that wasn't your intention.

And you're response was overblown, that's all.

And that may be the best non-apology I have ever seen. You apologize for my intentions? You should apologize for assuming my intentions or misreading them if you want to apologize.

On 11/15/2021 at 10:40 AM, Bird said:

And you're response was overblown, that's all.

And that may be the best non-apology I have ever seen. You apologize for my intentions? You should apologize for assuming my intentions or misreading them if you want to apologize.

Never mind, it's just easier to put you on ignore.

Edited by Logan510

• Administrator
On 11/15/2021 at 10:42 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Are you referring to the first post of this thread?  If so, that has already happened for the most part.  As far as all of the problems with the boards, I have just created a thread and organized all the problems in separate posts,  which include members posts.  That was sent to management today.  

On 11/15/2021 at 11:43 AM, CGC Mike said:

Are you referring to the first post of this thread?  If so, that has already happened for the most part.  As far as all of the problems with the boards, I have just created a thread and organized all the problems in separate posts,  which include members posts.  That was sent to management today.  If anyone is interested, here is the thread.  

ah bless you, I knew it was happening, but I figured they DID have weekends off :foryou: 

Good to Know, so we can look for the changes :shy: 

On 11/15/2021 at 5:43 PM, CGC Mike said:

Are you referring to the first post of this thread?  If so, that has already happened for the most part.  As far as all of the problems with the boards, I have just created a thread and organized all the problems in separate posts,  which include members posts.  That was sent to management today.  If anyone is interested, here is the thread.  

What did you do with the suggestions that didn't make the cut?

On 11/15/2021 at 6:00 PM, jsilverjanet said:

giphy.gif

If you've got something to say Hector, why don't you say it here? Are you a coward?

Capture.thumb.PNG.84dd0fafe23c101f0ab44d7869fa0ab7.PNG

On 11/15/2021 at 6:08 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

If you've got something to say Hector, why don't you say it here? Are you a coward?

Capture.thumb.PNG.84dd0fafe23c101f0ab44d7869fa0ab7.PNG

@CGC Mike Mike, I'm tired of being told that members here are slagging me off on other forums. Can you confirm to Hector whether I am 'sucking up' to you? If I am not, can you tell me what you intend to do about members who constantly post malicious nonsense about members on other forums? How can that be right? How can Hector post this drivel freely, and then return here each time without censure? I've seen much worse than the above posted. 

• Administrator
On 11/15/2021 at 12:52 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

What did you do with the suggestions that didn't make the cut?

They are saved for a later date.  Nothing was deleted.  

On 11/15/2021 at 11:14 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

@CGC Mike Mike, I'm tired of being told that members here are slagging me off on other forums. Can you confirm to Hector whether I am 'sucking up' to you? If I am not, can you tell me what you intend to do about members who constantly post malicious nonsense about members on other forums? How can that be right? How can Hector post this drivel freely, and then return here each time without censure? I've seen much worse than the above posted. 

You honestly seeking amnesty from another forum?

I'd be wondering the intentions of members who go out of their way to tell you things 

Sounds like rabblerousers to me

On 11/15/2021 at 10:17 AM, The Meta said:

You honestly seeking amnesty from another forum?

I'd be wondering the intentions of members who go out of their way to tell you things 

Sounds like rabblerousers to me

People have been banned for what they posted about boardie on another forum.  It's a legit complaint.  

On 11/15/2021 at 11:19 AM, kav said:

People have been banned for what they posted about boardie on another forum.  It's a legit complaint.  

I think the situation dictated that one, and it certainly wasn't the other forums fault 

This is completely different 

Hell if the sway IS to allow outside influence, can you imagine the case I'd be able to present, as well as others.

See how this plays out