• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Long Personal collecting nightmare is over.
4 4

32 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2021 at 10:34 AM, Ares said:

So a few months ago I had to paint the collection room/Play room.

The meant emptying the file cabinets to move them and covering everything up.

When it came time to put everything back in its place I noticed I created a massive problem for myself. The collection was all over the place, I didn't keep track of the order I put books some I had put on different floors of the house.

I also noticed the bags were old and everything needed to rebagged & boarded. 

I subbed to the CLZ android app and started to scan everything in too keep track of what I had. As each book was scanned, I changed bags and boards. And ran out of both. Time for trips to LCS.

Shop has resealable bags which are a godsend. I buy a few hundred of both & I go home to continue... And notice some of the boards are wrong size. Back to the store to exchange.

Bagging and boarding continues over few weeks cause I am a lazy SOB.. Until I run out of boards. Back to the store which has run out of boards and they are on back order. 

I put an order in and wait and wait and wait. 

Store finally gets more supplies. Back to the lazy scanning. 

As of last night, I finished the job. Many many books in new bags and scanned so I know where everything is. And Exactly how many books I have. Which is not as much as I thought

Now I can finally tidy up the room and make it into a true hobby room. 

I will try to post pics of what it looks like.

I just scanned every slab I have over a few months.  Then someone posted scans with a scanner that look better.  Now I'm dreading considering doing it all over.  Congrats on finishing!

On 11/18/2021 at 4:04 PM, s-man said:

You store your collection in the Leaning Tower of Pisa?

I honestly thought the same!

:canofworms:

On 11/18/2021 at 12:39 PM, Robot Man said:

Guess I got some work to do...

CC98BF5E-2E6F-4BC6-995B-8B255C12930C.jpeg

Can I help?:peace:

On 11/18/2021 at 1:03 PM, buttock said:

I just scanned every slab I have over a few months.  Then someone posted scans with a scanner that look better.  Now I'm dreading considering doing it all over.  Congrats on finishing!

What's the model of the good scanner? :popcorn:

On 11/18/2021 at 2:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I honestly thought the same!

:canofworms:

Can I help?:peace:

Nope, problem solved. This was taken a few years ago after a bit of an earthquake in my locked up storage shed. Just look at those boxes on the left. How they didn't fall is beyond me. These are my "new krap" from the late 70's to modern. Plus a bunch of show boxes. More on the right side out of the picture. I have parted ways with WAY more than half of them now. If you only knew what was in those boxes. Runs of ASM including 5 copies of 300 I bought off the newstand. A near complete run of newsstand Star Wars, and more "movie books" than you can shake a stick at. Would have been a flipper's paradise. Glad they are gone, good riddance...

On 11/18/2021 at 6:32 PM, Robot Man said:

Nope, problem solved. This was taken a few years ago after a bit of an earthquake in my locked up storage shed. Just look at those boxes on the left. How they didn't fall is beyond me. These are my "new krap" from the late 70's to modern. Plus a bunch of show boxes. More on the right side out of the picture. I have parted ways with WAY more than half of them now. If you only knew what was in those boxes. Runs of ASM including 5 copies of 300 I bought off the newstand. A near complete run of newsstand Star Wars, and more "movie books" than you can shake a stick at. Would have been a flipper's paradise. Glad they are gone, good riddance...

Yes I'm sure you were thankful for no damage  :eek:

I was halfway joking, just knowing it was good stuff (thumbsu, but glad it was sorted out!

I've only been in California for 2 to3 earthquakes, all I can say is that they were different for this Texas kid every single time. A different feeling to them I should say. I think only 1 was a big one (thumbsu

On 11/18/2021 at 4:36 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes I'm sure you were thankful for no damage  :eek:

I was halfway joking, just knowing it was good stuff (thumbsu, but glad it was sorted out!

I've only been in California for 2 to3 earthquakes, all I can say is that they were different for this Texas kid every single time. A different feeling to them I should say. I think only 1 was a big one (thumbsu

I've been through a few real shakers. Funny thing is they come out of no where and are usually over very fast. Usually by the time you realize it, it's over. Buildings are generally built to withstand them pretty well. Older ones, not so much. Been lucky to never sustain any real damage. Am smart enough to have some supplies put away in my car and garage just in case. 

Give me a good shaker over a hurricane or TX flood or twister and day of the week. Now, brush fires scare the carp out of me but I live by the ocean and luckily don't have to deal with those either. 

On 11/18/2021 at 4:07 PM, adamstrange said:

What's the model of the good scanner? :popcorn:

Plustek OpticPro A320E

first brought up in the scanner thread 3 years ago, but this newbie posted some scans on the boards 4 months ago - and they looked amazing.  He's the first verified user who's posted results.

https://wisconsincomics.com/scanning-graded-comics/

on amazon for $549, free delivery, thinking about it too.  But the $ and the work, you know, for an incremental upgrade...

Edited by Dr. Love