• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All-Time Shadow thread...

73 posts in this topic

On 11/20/2021 at 2:39 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I have wanted this book since 1993.  I consider it the grail of the Powell Shadow covers.  Well, last week I outbid a bunch of poor souls on ebay and now it's in my grubby hands.  Sorry if any of you were bidding against me.  You didn't stand a chance. :insane:  So, I'm so happy I probably don't need to buy another book for the rest of the year.  Feel free to show your Powell Shadows in this thread if you want.  Have a nice day.  :)

51694242930_45c888f155_c.jpg

Congrats.  A book truly worthy of the TCB pedigree!

On 11/20/2021 at 2:49 PM, Point Five said:

Gorgeous! Congrats!

There are so many classic covers in this series if you take the time to dig for them. Here's my V8 #2 with a Powell cover, and I feel much the same about it.

1029910786_shadowv8-2.jpg.8651e77809dc3c24a840d895cb56d4e2.jpg

Very nice.  V8#2 was the 2nd Powell Shadow that I bought, maybe 10 years ago.  From then on, when I could find decent copies I liked I picked them up.  I have 11 of them now, with 3 to go.  I think they are under appreciated...

On 11/20/2021 at 1:39 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I have wanted this book since 1993.  I consider it the grail of the Powell Shadow covers.  Well, last week I outbid a bunch of poor souls on ebay and now it's in my grubby hands.  Sorry if any of you were bidding against me.  You didn't stand a chance. :insane:  So, I'm so happy I probably don't need to buy another book for the rest of the year.  Feel free to show your Powell Shadows in this thread if you want.  Have a nice day.  :)

51694242930_45c888f155_c.jpg

Glad you finally got a nice one. Looks purty. I was eyeballing it as an upgrade but know it meant a lot more to you than me. 

So many iconic Shadow covers (especially the Powell ones).

Edited by Robot Man