• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PLEASE READ - A Message from George Perez
6 6

104 posts in this topic

On 2/15/2022 at 6:52 PM, Crops068 said:

I am very glad to see he is getting to spend time with family and friends.

I could not agree more. This is exactly what they all need in this time. I am glad that they are together.  My heart goes out to them.

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Thank you for keeping us updated.

On 2/16/2022 at 12:46 PM, Crops068 said:

I thought about getting the "Absolute" version of this series, but it's incredibly expensive.

I will definitely be looking for this reprint, as a celebration/memory of George's life and career while he is still with us.

On 2/16/2022 at 11:54 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I thought about getting the "Absolute" version of this series, but it's incredibly expensive.

I will definitely be looking for this reprint, as a celebration/memory of George's life and career while he is still with us.

I already reached out to my LCS about it.  I def want one myself.

On 2/16/2022 at 1:17 PM, F For Fake said:

That's really great that Marvel and DC were able to come to terms to make this happen while George is still here.

I am terribly sad that this illness has befallen Mr. Perez, but I am so glad that he is getting this opportunity of a "victory lap", for all of his fans and peers to let him know how much he is loved. I wish we celebrated our heroes while they're alive much more often, instead of waiting to eulogize them when they can no longer hear the words.

Well said.  I couldn't agree more about celebrating the creators we love while they are still with us to be able to receive our thanks.

I keep thinking about what a huge impact George had on the industry and all the great things people have said that have met him in person.  

On 2/16/2022 at 9:27 PM, JJ-4 said:

Well said.  I couldn't agree more about celebrating the creators we love while they are still with us to be able to receive our thanks.

I've always been the sort of comics nerd who enthuses quite genuinely about my iconic creators while they're still here, in their prime, but it's crushing when this kind of transition starts to occur, especially with an extremely nice, appreciative and caring individual like George here.  This period feels sadly transitional for me as well, as we've already lost many of the key talents who I've followed ever since I started reading back in the mid 70s.  You can read the comic book stories, admire the art, but it all becomes layered with sadness.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Here's a retrospective article, written on the Cracked website, which you might be interested in reading...

https://www.cracked.com/article_32676_honoring-marvel-and-dcs-greatest-artist-george-perez.html

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/18/2022 at 11:11 AM, Robot Man said:

I read on Scoop this morning that his CGC Signature signing has been canceled. Doesn’t look good…

Yeah, I got an email from CGC about my submission a week ago maybe. I'm hoping, like some suggested, to have the option to get my comic reslabbed with the special George Perez label they were offering and have the money go to him and his family, but I have yet to hear anything further from CGC.