• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedrock City Comics theft!!!
5 5

118 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2021 at 6:38 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Unfortunately, it is unreal how quickly and far stolen property can move. I can think of several times when weapons were stolen and then recovered literally halfway across the US the next day.

Yes indeed, as isn't this what happened with the Alfred Pennyworth books and the owner was extremely fortunate to recover them all in the end. :applause:

Sounds as though this was the primary reason why he ended up putting them into the auction marketplace through Heritage after that fiasco.  Hopefully, Richard is also able to recover his stolen books, even though they clearly aren't in the same caliber as the Pennyworth books as Richard was astute enough to have his more valuable books kept somewhere off-site or in a more secured vault.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

I'm sad bedrock got hit.  everyone is.  but the boards are not some morgue where everyone has to maintain a dead serious attitude.  Joking around is a form of comraderie.  There is nothing wrong with it.

On 12/12/2021 at 11:05 AM, kav said:

Local LCS here has iron gate that goes over entire front inside.  thief can pick all the locks he likes he's not getting past that.

What if the perp has a tank?

On 12/12/2021 at 4:29 PM, Comics4All said:

meet new friends tie that yarn that's how you do the scarn amirite

Yup that how you do the Scarn rise a bit too.

This is sickening.

If it goes on all over places in USA, more businesses will not come back at all. 

Walgreens closed all 5 stores in SF.  Those residents are depending on them.  It can ruin the communities as well. 

Again, this is sickening and sadistic.

On 12/12/2021 at 7:03 PM, JollyComics said:

Walgreens closed all 5 stores in SF. 

Haha.  Walgreens announced in 2017 they were closing 600 stores nationwide.  They had 53 in SF alone compared to around 22 for CVS, their biggest competitor.  It wasn't shoplifting that led them to close them.  

On 12/12/2021 at 7:18 PM, Transplant said:

Haha.  Walgreens announced in 2017 they were closing 600 stores nationwide.  They had 53 in SF alone compared to around 22 for CVS, their biggest competitor.  It wasn't shoplifting that led them to close them.  

That is true.  Smash and thief is now a new trend.  Wait and see how far it will go across USA.  I hope it won't last longer.

On the bright side (if there could be anything bright about this), smart business owners have insurance for this. But what a hassle to deal with. 

This in no way mitigates lying, cheating and stealing which has sadly become common place these days. My parents raised me better. There are folks who wern’t as lucky.

I really feel for law enforcement. I’m many cases, the cop on the beat has their hands tied. No matter where you are, we are kind of on our own and that is a scary thought.