• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I admit, I bought it with the intention of flipping it...
3 3

75 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2021 at 7:44 PM, Poekaymon said:

I think that's kind of badass.  Need some way to differentiate this Spawn #1 9.8 from the other 10,000 9.8s.

My thoughts exactly..........looks like some people have all the luck in the world as it's certainly a lot better to get an unique slabbed book like this here, as opposed to just another common as dirt 10,000+ similarly looking 9.8 graded and slabbed virtually worthless copies. :applause:  :banana:  :whee:

Edited by lou_fine

On 12/14/2021 at 8:38 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

You bought a Spawn #1 with the intention of "flipping" it?

May have just been a creative use of words to introduce the topic. That being said, December 9.8 Direct sales are averaging $200 and one just sold yesterday on ebay for $250. Considering you can buy 9.8 potential raws for $25-30, seems like a nice little flip to me. 

On 12/14/2021 at 8:49 AM, Motor City Rob said:

May have just been a creative use of words to introduce the topic. That being said, December 9.8 Direct sales are averaging $200 and one just sold yesterday on ebay for $250. Considering you can buy 9.8 potential raws for $25-30, seems like a nice little flip to me. 

Its Madness GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On 12/13/2021 at 9:22 PM, lou_fine said:

My thoughts exactly..........looks like some people have all the luck in the world as it's certainly a lot better to get an unique slabbed book like this here, as opposed to just another common as dirt 10,000+ similarly looking 9.8 graded and slabbed virtually worthless copies. :applause:  :banana:  :whee:

I was disappointed for about 10 second before I started thinking the same thing. Since CGC won't do something like this by request, it certainly makes it probably one of a kind (including compared to the other 7 copies that I sent in at the same time!)

I do plan on auctioning it, probably closer to when the inevitable reboot movie comes out. 

On 12/14/2021 at 6:49 AM, Motor City Rob said:

Honestly, I was being serious. Last year I was buying a bunch of those Pedigree 5-packs that came out back in the 90s. Could usually get Spawn #1-5 for about $45, and while they certainly weren't guaranteed to be 9.8s, they had about a 50/50 chance. Considering even a 9.6 will get about $125, and any #2-5 9.8s were also worth it, it was a pretty good scheme.