• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Man: No Way Home SPOILERS WELCOMED thread
2 2

168 posts in this topic

ASM 2 with Doc Ock still reigns supreme for me for character and plot development. But this was a fun ride. The first half was a a bit droll though and seemed rushed. 2nd half was enjoyable. Dafoe used his craggly face to optimal effect ( unlike in Body of evidence) .

Have one question. At the end when strange is trying to prevent earth from letting in other multiverse characters enter, we see some shadowy figures. Anyone know who they were..They seemed almost celestial sized. 

On 1/5/2022 at 6:37 PM, Grendel72 said:

ASM 2 with Doc Ock still reigns supreme for me for character and plot development. But this was a fun ride. The first half was a a bit droll though and seemed rushed. 2nd half was enjoyable. Dafoe used his craggly face to optimal effect ( unlike in Body of evidence) .

Have one question. At the end when strange is trying to prevent earth from letting in other multiverse characters enter, we see some shadowy figures. Anyone know who they were..They seemed almost celestial sized. 

Noted earlier in the thread but with all the excitement over this film got buried fast.

Kraven the Hunter, Black Cat, Scorpion, Rhino

In an interview with The New York Times, Dafoe shares the criteria he had to return to play the menacing antagonist in Spider-Man: No Way Home. When the idea was first introduced to Dafoe by producer Amy Pascal and Watts, Dafoe wanted assurance that his role would be more than just a cameo, as he wanted to be included in action scenes to avoid becoming “a series of memes.” Read Dafoe’s full response below:

"When Amy Pascal [a “Spider-Man” producer] and Jon Watts [the director of “No Way Home”] called me and said we would like to introduce you to this idea, I thought, this is crazy. But let’s see what they have to say. I really didn’t want to do a cameo. I wanted to make sure there was something pretty substantial to do that wasn’t just a tip of the hat. And the other thing is, I said I really want there to be action – I want to be in action scenes. Because it’s really fun for me. This is the only way to root the character. Otherwise, it just becomes a series of memes."

He really wants it clear Green Goblin became a key focus because otherwise he wasn't getting involved.

On 1/5/2022 at 6:38 PM, Bosco685 said:

Noted earlier in the thread but with all the excitement over this film got buried fast.

Kraven the Hunter, Black Cat, Scorpion, Rhino

I wonder if all of the silhouettes were teases for what's to come, rather than just winks and nods to what could be.

On 1/6/2022 at 8:35 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I wonder if all of the silhouettes were teases for what's to come, rather than just winks and nods to what could be.

There is a strong possibility.

There are so many ways Sony can build upon Venom and No Way Home. Which is probably why the late reshoots for Morbius.