• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiants mentioned in the 2003 Overstreet market reports

187 posts in this topic

That's interesting.... aside from the Magnus 1 most appear to be NM, at worst VF/NM.

I need to actually sit down and re-bag and board them and scrutinize them, make sure they have the coupons, etc. I plan to do that this coming weekend. I'll give you an update next week.

Kev

I can't be the only one who thinks he's constipated in EVERY song.

I can't be the only who is smart enough NOT to buy Valiant comics,not my fault people lost of money on worthless,poorly written paper with 2 staples and some ink,a waste of materials if you ask around.One springsteen song is more well written than all the Valiant stories thrown together. makepoint.gif

not everybody lost $$. I remember cleaning up on valiants at the boston show with dealers payin $40 apiece for Magnus #12 and $10 each for Turok #1. It was better than printing your own $$. 27_laughing.gif

not everybody lost $$. I remember cleaning up on valiants at the boston show with dealers payin $40 apiece for Magnus #12 and $10 each for Turok #1. It was better than printing your own $$. 27_laughing.gif

And I'm sure Valiantman over here was one of the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons paying it 27_laughing.gif

And I'm sure Valiantman over here was one of the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons paying it 27_laughing.gif

Actually, Valiantman is the insufficiently_thoughtful_person who bought up all the pre-Unity Valiant books

he wanted on Ebay in 1998-1999. You know, 50cents here, a dollar there.

Yep...they were once $25, $50, or $100 each.

But I only paid $1. And I double my money when I sell for cover price.

How you doin'?

You parents must be so proud.

If anyone's counting, that's Post #42 for Joe_C.

A little over a dozen posts after he said "I'm done with this thread."

Ready to shut up yet? insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Ready to shut up yet? insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Nope, I could talk about day about long-dead, over-speculated comic books that sell in the dollar bins. You go right ahead and keep "garbage picking" and maybe someday you can wallpaper your room.

Nope, I could talk about day about long-dead, over-speculated comic books that sell in the dollar bins.

Ahhh...post #43. Anyone surprised?

Let me see...

You don't want anyone talking about books from the dollar bins,

but you don't want anyone paying more than a dollar for the books.

So let's see, that would mean....shut up, insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

lol! Keep up the insults, your supreme wit continues to amaze.

You know, if you didn't continually SPAM us with every, single Valiant sale, buy or auction, and then drone on about what kind of upward potential Valiants have.. and reply to people buying "Valiants for a buck" with "high dollar buy prices"...

maybe people wouldn't think you're such a pinhead.

lol! Keep up the insults, your supreme wit continues to amaze.

You know, if you didn't continually SPAM us with every, single Valiant sale, buy or auction, and then drone on about what kind of upward potential Valiants have.. and reply to people buying "Valiants for a buck" with "high dollar buy prices"...

maybe people wouldn't think you're such a pinhead.

Yawn...Joe Post #44.

You know, if you didn't continually POST about a topic that YOU HATE,

even after you've said you're DONE POSTING...and replying with

"I still hate Valiant" - "It's Garbage" - "I wet my pants again because of Valiant"

maybe people would think you're the kind of guy who had something worthwhile to say.

Let's see.... someone posts a topic on a board with thousands of other topics...

but this topic happens to be about VALIANT.

Who should post 40+ TIMES? VALIANTMAN or JOE_THE_I_HATE_VALIANT_COLLECTOR?

Leave. Now. Forever. insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

You're right. Valiants are bargain basement [!@#%^&^], represent a speculative black-spot on the industry, and are viewed with disdain by the vast majority of collectors.

Anyone thinking that Valiant comics will "rise to high dollar prominence again" is smoking some good weed. Either that, or thumbing through old issues of Wizard.

My contribution is done, so you'll need to keep it going with more Wizard-Like Monster-Hype, "I'll Buy Them ALL For GUIDE!!" speculator-screams, and "Get While They're Hot" Hyperbole.

Anyone thinking that Valiant comics will "rise to high dollar prominence again" is smoking some good weed. Either that, or thumbing through old issues of Wizard.

My contribution is done, so you'll need to keep it going with more Wizard-Like Monster-Hype, "I'll Buy Them ALL For GUIDE!!" speculator-screams, and "Get While They're Hot" Hyperbole.

I buy Valiants not for their investment, but for their great stories and art.

the Pre-Unity and many issues past the Post Unity period are simply great reading. It was the speculators and other greedy people who are trying to make Valiant books look bad.

If you don't like them, then just don't buy them and read something else.

You know, if you didn't continually SPAM us with every, single Valiant sale, buy or auction, and then drone on about what kind of upward potential Valiants have..

Who's "us"? 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif