• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action 1 Rocket Copy & Tec 27 CGC 4.5
6 6

179 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2022 at 6:33 PM, szav said:

I personally love this cover...but congrats on picking out and writing your feature here on the one book in the auction that managed to go for less than guide.  Well done sir.

Yeah, go figure in this cryto-like red hot GA marketplace where some classic cover books have no problems selling for huge double digit multiples to condition guide, this highest graded classic cover book and a pedigree copy at that not only sells at a discount to guide, but also at a substantially lower price point than what an equivalent graded non-pedigree copy had sold for way back all the way in 2006.  :(

Seeing how a virtual unknown character like the Black Knight can come out of the deep freeze right into the burning heat of the fire just based upon a hint of potential movie stardom, I guess the only way to light a fire under Adventure Comics 73 is to have DC transfer the Manhunter's right over to Marvel in hopes of him becoming part of the MCU movie franchise going forward.  Especially since being part of the DCEU movie empire seems to do virtually nothing for the DC character books from a valuation point of view.  :wishluck:  

On 1/14/2022 at 10:47 PM, lou_fine said:

Yeah, go figure in this cryto-like red hot GA marketplace where some classic cover books have no problems selling for huge double digit multiples to condition guide, this highest graded classic cover book and a pedigree copy at that not only sells at a discount to guide, but also at a substantially lower price point than what an equivalent graded non-pedigree copy had sold for way back all the way in 2006.  :(

Whoa!!!

On 1/14/2022 at 8:06 PM, Bronty said:
On 1/14/2022 at 7:47 PM, lou_fine said:

but also at a substantially lower price point than what an equivalent graded non-pedigree copy had sold for way back all the way in 2006.  :(

Whoa!!!

Well, like they say, the comic book market always tends to move in cycles.  hm

So, since this GA DC Adventure run of comics seems to have been pretty much in a deeper than deep freeze down cycle for the past 30 odd years, I guess once the market turns, it's going to be so swift and powerful buyers will end up having a case of severe whiplash trying to catch up to the marketplace for these books. (:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:  zzz

Edited by lou_fine

Is anyone else having trouble with individual item pages from HA loading into Chrome? I've no problem with the Bid/Buy or Past Sale pages, but when I click on a book or link to a specific book it won't load. I don't have this problem with Firefox, or on Chrome with any other website.

On 1/16/2022 at 10:19 PM, rjpb said:

Is anyone else having trouble with individual item pages from HA loading into Chrome? I've no problem with the Bid/Buy or Past Sale pages, but when I click on a book or link to a specific book it won't load. I don't have this problem with Firefox, or on Chrome with any other website.

No.

On 1/21/2022 at 9:01 PM, tth2 said:

More like "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours".

I remember when the owner of Mastronet auctions was buying comics. He was a nice guy but forgetful (had a pretty Detective #27 that he couldn't remember where it was).

Wonder whatever happened to him...