• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2022 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
10 10

762 posts in this topic

On 7/16/2022 at 6:21 PM, Webhead2018 said:

Got another add to my Marvel Comics 1000 jam cover. Today at a local show had Mike Grell add Thor.

20220716_122047_Richtone(HDR).thumb.jpeg.ed41168e8751164d7a900768b9aeda40.jpeg

All of those are very nice as well!

On 7/26/2022 at 4:16 PM, ANDY CARREON said:

Drawn and SOLD during this past SDCC

CapAmericaSketchCover.jpg

GoblinSketchCover.jpg

MilesMoralesSketchCover.jpg

ThanosSketchCover.jpg

Curious. As an artist did you sell them raw but offer a chance for cgc? Not necessarily asking cost, but is it an option for patrons? And if so, the curious part, did a lot of people choose cgc or did some prefer the raws?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

This is probably a dumb question, but I’ve been gone for about 8 years - back in the day, sketch cover sales threads were pretty common. Is there a new place for sketch cover sales threads, or are they still in CA/MA with the other books? There just doesn’t seem to be as many as there were years ago.

On 7/26/2022 at 8:59 PM, Dr. Balls said:

This is probably a dumb question, but I’ve been gone for about 8 years - back in the day, sketch cover sales threads were pretty common. Is there a new place for sketch cover sales threads, or are they still in CA/MA with the other books? There just doesn’t seem to be as many as there were years ago.

They definitely don't seem to happen as often imo.

But yes that would be the place! 

On 7/26/2022 at 8:58 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

They definitely don't seem to happen as often imo.

But yes that would be the place! 

I don’t collect sketch covers anymore, but I like learning about the prices and what certain artists go for. I’ll keep my eye out!