• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1000 books in 2022
3 3

245 posts in this topic

Another year of reading! :whatev:

I have long boxes full and tpbs galore this year so no excuses this time!! :makepoint:

I've been temped to pick up the Cerebus series in tpb...it looks interesting and I like his artwork.

On 1/2/2022 at 7:55 AM, sevans1979 said:

I might have to join this year. Need to get my butt in gear and read more. I’m doing better. I read 20 comics last Sunday and 10 yesterday, going for 10 more today 

:whatthe:

That puts my reading regimen to shame. :)

On 1/4/2022 at 2:15 PM, LudaToke said:

Does anyone find that reading in this manner takes away from the flow and joy of it?  It feels like it would be a different experience that just sitting, unwinding and reading what I enjoy every day.  

That’s basically all I do. Then, eventually, get around to posting about it. No race or pressure, which more than likely explains why I don’t ever get close to the 1000 comic target.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 1/4/2022 at 9:15 AM, LudaToke said:

Does anyone find that reading in this manner takes away from the flow and joy of it?  It feels like it would be a different experience that just sitting, unwinding and reading what I enjoy every day.  

No, just don't let it dictate your reading. It does take a little of discipline in the keeping track of what you've read but I've been journaling my reading since 2017 so the record keeping is second nature by now.

Rather, it is exciting as I spend time looking for my next read and getting excited about going to the next issue of a series or starting a new one I've always wanted to try or revisiting one I have not read in a while.

On 1/3/2022 at 9:15 PM, Readcomix said:

Ok, I’m six issues into a full Kamandi run read, and the Superman: Red Son TPB is sitting on my end table next to my morning coffee spot….

Weirrrrdddddd I had Superman Red Son tpb on my end table too. For about three weeks. Then I gave up and put it back. Wasn’t feeling it 

On 1/4/2022 at 3:50 PM, sevans1979 said:

Weirrrrdddddd I had Superman Red Son tpb on my end table too. For about three weeks. Then I gave up and put it back. Wasn’t feeling it 

Did you start it? I haven’t yet, but mostly due to time. It’s gotten a ton of good reviews so I decided to put it on top of my pile.

On 1/4/2022 at 2:55 PM, Readcomix said:

Did you start it? I haven’t yet, but mostly due to time. It’s gotten a ton of good reviews so I decided to put it on top of my pile.

I haven’t. I decided to read my short box of pull file moderns that have been stacking up. Once those are caught up I’ll hit that up and other trades and back issues 

On 1/5/2022 at 6:56 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I was actually dreading this challenge throughout my vacation because I failed so spectacularly the last 2 years to accomplish reading an amount close to the goal.

That being said, I'm still gonna try...

1000 comics is a stretch goal for most of us, but if it gets you reading more and exploring new titles that's the important thing.  No one is really keeping score.

Spoiler

But if they were, Scrooge would win.

Reminds of one of my favorite quotes from Animal House.

"Don't think of it as work.  The whole point is just to enjoy yourself."

Screenshot_20220107-125214.png.f127e325e7ac061a6361c4cbce7ade64.png

On 1/4/2022 at 9:15 AM, LudaToke said:

Not really. I belong to a couple book clubs, and having a deadline of our meeting time doesn't affect my enjoyment of the books. This is no different than that.