• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 1/3/2022 at 12:32 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

I didn’t think it was that big a deal or that anybody would care but sure. The movies title is The Marvels not Captain Marvel 2.

Do you want me to merge this thread and change the title to the one in this quote?

On 1/3/2022 at 3:17 PM, drotto said:

It's the Marvels now, because despite all the hype, Bree Larsen can not support a movie on her own. So Marvel is attempting to stuff this film with as many characters as it can hoping that at least one will stick.

And Dr. Strange will appear.

On 1/3/2022 at 3:17 PM, drotto said:

It's the Marvels now, because despite all the hype, Bree Larsen can not support a movie on her own. So Marvel is attempting to stuff this film with as many characters as it can hoping that at least one will stick.

First, Brie Larson starred in the first Captain Marvel "on her own" (with a co-star assist from Sam L Jackson) and that movie is still one of a handful of solo MCU films to make over a billion box office dollars. I'm sorry to break it to you this way, but despite all the trolling and hate from the anti-SJW fans and hatemongers, Captain Marvel was a hit.

Second, all MCU films are team-up films. All. Of.Them. Phase Four is taking that to the next level and doing a kind of multiverse theme on these team ups. Let's take a look at some of Phase Four, in particular. Loki was a team-up of Loki variants from the Multiverse: Loki, Sylvie Loki, Kid Loki, Alligator Loki, Classic Loki, etc. Black Widow was a team-up of three generations of Black Widows: Melina Vostokoff (Rachel Weisz), Natasha Romanoff, and Yelena Belova. Spider-Man No Way Home was a Spiderverse movie teaming up three different franchises of Spider-Mans. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness will be a team-up of the MCU's sorcerers and witches: Doctor Strange, Wong the Sorcerer Supreme, Wanda the Scarlet Witch, Mordo, Clea allegedly, and introducing America Chavez. Benedict Cumberbatch is on record saying he's not sure Multiverse of Madness is really "his" movie. Moving on, Thor Love and Thunder will feature the villain Gorr the God Butcher versus a team-up the MCU's gods: Thor, Jane Foster Thor, Zeus confirmed (Russell Crowe), Valkyrie, and Hercules allegedly. Finally, The Marvels will be a team-up of heroes who have used the name Marvel throughout Marvel history: Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, and Monica Rambeau, only this time, they will actually create a semi-formal team named after the mother of them all, Mar-Vell (Annette Bening).

Third, by the time The Marvels arrives, all three heroes, Carol Kamala and Monica, will have stuck. Carol Danvers is already established and will most likely be installed as leader of the next Avengers team. Kamala Khan will have already have had her own Disney+ series and will have been introduced as Ms. Marvel. Monica Rambeau will feature in the Secret Invasion series and will probably assume her own superhero moniker, Spectrum, by the time that show ends.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 1/4/2022 at 10:15 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Dear God Imake It Stop Please | God Meme on ME.ME

Also, God, why are some folks so adamantly against super-heroes that aren't all straight white dudes? God, please soften their hearts and make them realize that it's okay for people of all types no matter their gender, race, or sexual orientation to sit at the super-hero table because it's a pretty big table that you have provided. God, please stop the hate. Amen.

On 1/4/2022 at 10:23 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Also, God, why are some folks so adamantly against super-heroes that aren't all straight white dudes? God, please soften their hearts and make them realize that it's okay for people of all types no matter their gender, race, or sexual orientation to sit at the super-hero table because it's a pretty big table that you have provided. God, please stop the hate. Amen.

Stop with the ad hominems about racism and gender whenever other people don't agree with your MCU fanaticism. It's getting old.

On 1/5/2022 at 1:23 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Hey, nah ah with that kind of , that's just being straight out antagonistic. You know that's not true. I dislike Brie as Captain Marvel because her performances I've seen have been IMO poorly acted, just not what I want from Carol. I'd love to recast her, and I don't care about her ethnicity or anything like that. I guess maybe now they may be trapped on what she looks like, otherwise I wouldn't be opposed if she were of a different ethnicity. Latina, maybe? 

But now I've given you attention you don't deserve, so you've won again, but please refer to the first part of my point : be better.