• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2022 at 11:16 AM, Larryw7 said:

Stop with the ad hominems about racism and gender whenever other people don't agree with your MCU fanaticism. It's getting old.

Do you have a problem with some folks attacking Shang-Chi and Eternals for their movies' diversity of race and gender? Maybe you should ask those folks to stop, too. Also, the reason why it's "ad hominem", as you say, is because diversity in comics and comic book movies isn't a problem, but the people attacking that diversity are the problem, as I see it anyway. And if there is a God in the traditional sense, then I imagine that God would have a problem with it as well because that God created both man and woman and all the different races, and they all have the right to be solo super-heroes in their own movie regardless of whether that movie is well written or not as long as it earns money making exceptions for a down economy and fearful population during a deadly global pandemic.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 1/4/2022 at 11:52 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Do you have a problem with some folks attacking Shang-Chi and Eternals for their movies' diversity of race and gender? Maybe you should ask those folks to stop, too. Also, the reason why it's "ad hominem", as you say, is because diversity in comics and comic book movies isn't a problem, but the people attacking that diversity are the problem, as I see it anyway. And if there is a God in the traditional sense, then I imagine that God would have a problem with it as well because that God created both man and woman and all the different races, and they all have the right to be solo super-heroes in their own movie regardless of whether that movie is well written or not as long as it earns money making exceptions for a down economy and fearful population during a deadly global pandemic.

222984_4928eb37e4fe8a1d4166f24457eaa180.

On 1/4/2022 at 11:24 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Hey, nah ah with that kind of , that's just being straight out antagonistic. You know that's not true. I dislike Brie as Captain Marvel because her performances I've seen have been IMO poorly acted, just not what I want from Carol. I'd love to recast her, and I don't care about her ethnicity or anything like that. I guess maybe now they may be trapped on what she looks like, otherwise I wouldn't be opposed if she were of a different ethnicity. Latina, maybe?

My prayers were to soften the hearts of those against the diversity of movies like Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Shang-Chi, and Eternals because of their films' diversity. If you disliked Captain Marvel because you strictly didn't like Brie Larson's acting and didn't have a problem with the diversity of the aforementioned films than my prayer doesn't apply to you.

On 1/4/2022 at 11:52 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Do you have a problem with some folks attacking Shang-Chi and Eternals for their movies' diversity of race and gender

@CGC Mike it appears racist and misogynist people on OTHER SITES and via SOCIAL MEDIA are being horrible people there. Sounds like we need to expand your moderator role to the world so this doesn't blow up on here.

I'm assuming that is the request is realsilvermane needs you to fix the world - even though such concerns are not an active concern here.

Edited by Bosco685

On 1/4/2022 at 12:51 PM, D84 said:

We can all make the world a better place by doing what I did, put therealsilvermane on our ignore list.

I did that before, maybe I need to do it again.

I googled 'duck corkscrew.' 

Duck corkscrew

Although most male birds have no p  e  n  i  s, ducks have a long corkscrew p  e    n  i  s, and the females have a long corkscrew v  a  g  i  n  a, which spirals in the opposite direction.

On 1/4/2022 at 11:16 AM, Larryw7 said:

Stop with the ad hominems about racism and gender whenever other people don't agree with your MCU fanaticism. It's getting old.

By the way, I'm not attacking anybody. I simply invoked a worldwide prayer for peace and acceptance of solo Marvel movie super-heroes whether or not they are black, white, Asian, male, female, gay, or alien. I'm the one who seems to be getting attacked for that simple prayer to the true One Above All.

On 1/4/2022 at 1:10 PM, TupennyConan said:

I googled 'duck corkscrew.' 

Duck corkscrew

Although most male birds have no p  e  n  i  s, ducks have a long corkscrew p  e    n  i  s, and the females have a long corkscrew v  a  g  i  n  a, which spirals in the opposite direction.

I "Donald Duck" quite often at home.   

That means I run around with a shirt but no pants or underpants.  I try not to do it when we have visitors but I've sometimes forgotten we have dinner plans which can be a bit awkward at first.  They get used to it though.   

On 1/4/2022 at 1:15 PM, chrisco37 said:

Another white guy stealing Asian roles. 

Not egg rolls, but acting parts.  

Kung Fu the 70's TV series was whitewashed by Warner Bros because they simply didn't think American audiences would be interested in an actual Chinese actor in the role. Meanwhile kung fu films were all the rage in 1970's America. Bruce Lee auditioned for the role of Kwai Chang Caine, but was rejected in favor of David Carradine.