• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

On 4/14/2023 at 8:01 PM, Prince Namor said:

Majority? Did someone claim it was a majority or did you just add a word to try and make your idea sound better?

Of course, we'll never know if it's a minority or a majority, because of all the shill posting that'll overshadow anything someone with a legitimate response has. The online equivalent of this:

lalala can't hear you.jpg

Then why did you ask your question if we will never know?

Naturally we won't know the 100% answer. But some jump to conclusions ALL of the negative responses are men rebelling against females having their own leading roles in comic book movies. That's an agenda in itself to assume that, rather than maybe many did not like the teaser trailer. Right?

On 4/14/2023 at 8:04 PM, Bosco685 said:

Then why did you ask your question if we will never know?

Naturally we won't know the 100% answer. But some jump to conclusions ALL of the negative responses are men rebelling against females having their own leading roles in comic book movies. That's an agenda in itself to assume that, rather than maybe many did not like the teaser trailer. Right?

There's a whole movement that got started because of that 'rebelling against females'...

So I find it peculiar for some to think the response is an agenda...?

That's like getting smacked, calling the person out and them saying, "See! You have an agenda!"

Edited by Prince Namor

On 4/15/2023 at 3:27 AM, Bosco685 said:

It is interesting the only time fans of this part of the franchise go bonkers is when negative reactions are noted - positives and over-hyping a trailer through mass likes are considered acceptable.

This is the pattern of the Disney PR budget.   If you don't like it, throw a bunch of diversity-phobic accusations at them.   It's all the same circular reasoning.   The movie sucks on a number of fundamentals, -script, character portrayals, logic, adherence to the source material (I think that one has been completely abandoned), and at no point has any of that been addressed.

I feel sorry for Brie Larson, and her career at this point, as she gets dragged through a diversity-propaganda piece, cobbled together in amateurish fashion, and dubious quality.   Hopefully this is the last.  With a 2-3 year lead time on movies, we'll see a change down the line.   But not soon enough to save Brie's MCU career.  

On 4/14/2023 at 8:11 PM, Prince Namor said:

There's a whole movement that got started because of that 'rebelling against females'...

That's like getting smacked, calling the person out and them saying, "See! You have an agenda!"

If you say so.

Meanwhile, the loudest voice in this Marvels and Captain Marvel thread has a habit of accusing anyone that didn't care for the first movie as misogynists and now if you didn't care for the teaser trailer hating on female-led films.

That's peculiar to make a claim like that without even knowing these people first-hand. One of the videos I posted the guy disliking the trailer noted how he really enjoyed WandaVision and Scarlet Witch in Doctor Strange 2. But if he doesn't care for the Marvels teaser trailer, he hates female films and shows?

On 4/15/2023 at 10:14 AM, Bosco685 said:
On 4/15/2023 at 10:11 AM, Prince Namor said:

If you say so.

Meanwhile, the loudest voice in this Marvels and Captain Marvel thread has a habit of accusing anyone that didn't care for the first movie as misogynists and now if you didn't care for the teaser trailer hating on female-led films.

That's peculiar to make a claim like that without even knowing these people first-hand. One of the videos I posted the guy disliking the trailer noted how he really enjoyed WandaVision and Scarlet Witch in Doctor Strange 2. But if he doesn't care for the Marvels teaser trailer, he hates female films and shows?

Hey, actual Marvel female characters, playing their roles, in their own movies/series, with appreciative audiences, doesn't come into it!

Sheesh, Captain Obvious, you need some time out.

On 4/14/2023 at 8:13 PM, media_junkie said:

Ok, lets not bring the other thread in here or this one will get locked as well.

It's not about that. That other thread was all about one individual taking on all comers to defend Disney and the MCU.

It is odd though to assume if a large portion of individuals note a teaser trailer as not to their liking, then naturally they must be trolls. It's female-led movie, so that must be the only answer. Not the quality of the trailers or later even the movie itself.

On 4/15/2023 at 10:20 AM, Bosco685 said:
On 4/15/2023 at 10:13 AM, media_junkie said:

Ok, lets not bring the other thread in here or this one will get locked as well.

It's not about that. That other thread was all about one individual taking on all comers to defend Disney and the MCU.

It is odd though to assume if a large portion of individuals note a teaser trailer as not to their liking, then naturally they must be trolls. It's female-led movie, so that must be the only answer. Not the quality of the trailers or later even the movie itself.

100% correct.

The accusations thrown around are quite reprehensible.   Enough is enough.

It clearly shows a fixation by those people, everything is viewed through a single lens.  We keep getting dragged into the same discussion, on the same point, sexaulity.   When all the nay-sayers keep reiterating all the reasons, and posting video after video with detailed, long discussions as to why the movie fails from the get-go.   It's just bonkers. 

Edited by Microchip

On 4/14/2023 at 8:20 PM, Bosco685 said:

Who's assuming it's a large portion? It's a VOCAL portion. And it's being pointed out. 

On 4/14/2023 at 8:30 PM, Prince Namor said:

Who's assuming it's a large portion? It's a VOCAL portion. And it's being pointed out. 

Obviously you did not read the article posted, nor the Rolling Stone article stating it is a troll army.

Meanwhile, reality is it also many that didn't like the teaser trailer. Obviously.

On 4/14/2023 at 8:20 PM, Bosco685 said:

The other thread was balanced until someone jumped in and made ad hominem insults to anyone who disagreed with him. Without  that happening,.that thread would still be open.

Edited by Larryw7

On 4/14/2023 at 9:07 PM, Artboy99 said:

I didn't like The Marvel's teaser trailer  because what they chose to show me did not appeal to me. The young Ms. Marvel character "waaahaaahhaaaaa...oh hi Nick Fury", then when they go to her home, then the interaction with the Cat/Flerkin which was more "waaahaaahhaaaaa". I just thought it was very bad.

Then I see this fan made trailer, and it completely changes how I could feel about the film. Watch this, it is very well done.

...unfortunately it isn't real.

What it tells me is that I am not interested in the goofball silly Marvel movies that they make, therefore I am not the target audience, therefore I have no need to go see the film. I just do not enjoy that style of movie when I know they have the potential capability of creating a film akin to the Winter Soldier (which is still my favorite Marvel movie). That is the kind of film I want and if the characters they are choosing to use do not fit a movie like that then I would rather they make something else with characters that fit a quality production like that.

It has nothing to do with whether the film is female led. One of my favorite movies ever is Aliens with Sigourney Weaver. That film still captivates me even today 37 years later I absolutely love it. I just want quality with a more serious tone with the failing humor dialed down several notches.

You do know that when the actual major marketing campaign for Captain Marvel kicks in, Marvel Studios will release a few different trailers with different tones, right? 
That’s what Marvel does for almost every MCU movie. More than likely in a few months we should see a The Marvels trailer with a more dramatic tone.  That’s how it normally works anyway.

On 4/14/2023 at 7:25 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

You do know that when the actual major marketing campaign for Captain Marvel kicks in, Marvel Studios will release a few different trailers with different tones, right? 
That’s what Marvel does for almost every MCU movie. More than likely in a few months we should see a The Marvels trailer with a more dramatic tone.  That’s how it normally works anyway.

Yes, hopefully it improves what is shown. For now "Wahaaaaahhhaaaaaaa" turns me off, it isn't funny in the slightest to this old fuddy duddy. :preach:

I do want the film to do well enough that they keep making content. Maybe eventually the pendulum swings back in the serious direction

Edited by Artboy99

Comic book trailer for the new Avengers #1 next month that will feature Carol Danvers as the Avengers leader for the first time since becoming Captain Marvel, higher further faster proof that Marvel intends to make 2023 the year of Captain Marvel. I mean already Captain Marvel is dominating the pop culture news cycle.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 4/15/2023 at 10:01 AM, Prince Namor said:

Majority? Did someone claim it was a majority or did you just add a word to try and make your idea sound better?

Of course, we'll never know if it's a minority or a majority, because of all the shill posting that'll overshadow anything someone with a legitimate response has. The online equivalent of this:

lalala can't hear you.jpg

Of course it's a minority who don't want female-led films, are you kidding me? Most have an issue with the content of the trailer itself, and are judging it on its own merits. It's a VERY small number who just hate the idea of a woman-led film (thank the gods). 

On 4/15/2023 at 11:48 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Comic book trailer for the new Avengers #1 next month that will feature Carol Danvers as the Avengers leader for the first time since becoming Captain Marvel, higher further faster proof that Marvel intends to make 2023 the year of Captain Marvel. I mean already Captain Marvel is dominating the pop culture news cycle.

She's only dominating it for how badly the trailer went across. That doesn't make for 'The Year Of Captain Marvel™'.