• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

On 4/14/2023 at 10:30 PM, Cat said:

She's only dominating it for how badly the trailer went across. That doesn't make for 'The Year Of Captain Marvel™'. 

April 10, Marvel releases The Marvels trailer online six months ahead of release. 

May 4, Marvel makes Captain Marvel the leader of the Avengers in the comics.

June 21, Secret Invasion which is in some ways an espionage style spin-off of Captain Marvel comes to Disney+ and will air for six weeks. 

By August, The Marvels marketing campaign should be in full swing with trailers on TV and tie-in merchandise everywhere.  And oh yeah, toxic social media trolls giving Cap even more publicity with their persistent online attacks that do nothing but rile up the choir, and yes, give the movie free publicity.

November 10, Veterans Day, The Marvels opens globally and will be the final MCU project of the year barring a  Christmas special.

2023 will be the year of Captain Marvel.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 4/14/2023 at 8:48 PM, Bosco685 said:

Obviously you did not read the article posted, nor the Rolling Stone article stating it is a troll army.

So, you're saying there's NOT a troll army that is trolling it?

On 4/14/2023 at 8:48 PM, Bosco685 said:

Meanwhile, reality is it also many that didn't like the teaser trailer. Obviously.

Which has nothing to do with the first statement. 

On 4/15/2023 at 1:30 PM, Hawkman said:

This looks awesome so far. Obviously, this board being anti woman, won't like it, but whatever...

The movie is aimed at adolescent girls, with severely low self-esteem issues.     

After Victoria Alonso changed every other MCU movie to the same target audience, which no one appreciated, because they're not adolescent girls, with extreme self esteem issues, needing to be pandered to.

No one here see's themselves as adolescent female victims.

Sorry.

On 4/14/2023 at 11:09 PM, Prince Namor said:

So, you're saying there's NOT a troll army that is trolling it?

Define the size of the troll army compared to those that just didn't like the teaser trailer please.

On 4/14/2023 at 11:09 PM, Prince Namor said:

Which has nothing to do with the first statement. 

I had originally noted how interesting it was publications were jumping to conclusions dislike is due to female-led movie hate - not dislike of the teaser trailer. To which you responded.

On 4/15/2023 at 12:43 AM, Cat said:

This board is NOT anti-woman, and to suggest otherwise is straight-up trolling. Go elsewhere. 

It's dismissive to even assume displeasure with a show or movie clearly must be an anti-women board community. It ignores story, casting, cinematography or even soundtrack quality flaws.

On 4/15/2023 at 4:33 AM, Bosco685 said:

Define the size of the troll army compared to those that just didn't like the teaser trailer please.

What does that have to do with it?

If the KKK decides to come after a Black Panther movie and copy-paste endless vitriol at it in the comments section. the news story is the 'KKK troll army is out to throw fake negative reaction to the movie'.

No one says, "Oh come on, how big IS that troll army? Maybe people just don't like the trailer!"

There's obviously people who legitimately may not like the trailer, but that's not a story.

The story is that a group is so incensed about it, they feel the need to OVER push their agenda.

The agenda ISN'T that it's being reported. 

On 4/15/2023 at 4:33 AM, Bosco685 said:

I had originally noted how interesting it was publications were jumping to conclusions dislike is due to female-led movie hate - not dislike of the teaser trailer. To which you responded.

Because a) a legitimate opinion isn't all that newsworthy. Who cares that 56% of people like some trailer (or don't) for a movie that just dropped its first look, a good 6+ months before it comes out, but more importantly b) HOW do we gauge now how much is actual dislike, due to the amount of trolls who've ALREADY SHOWN, they know how to mobilize and attack review sources to try and corrupt data? 

On 4/15/2023 at 8:28 PM, Prince Namor said:

If the KKK decides to come after a Black Panther movie and copy-paste endless vitriol at it in the comments section. the news story is the 'KKK troll army is out to throw fake negative reaction to the movie'.

No one says, "Oh come on, how big IS that troll army? Maybe people just don't like the trailer!"

There's obviously people who legitimately may not like the trailer, but that's not a story.

The story is that a group is so incensed about it, they feel the need to OVER push their agenda.

Because a) a legitimate opinion isn't all that newsworthy. Who cares that 56% of people like some trailer (or don't) for a movie that just dropped its first look, a good 6+ months before it comes out, but more importantly b) HOW do we gauge now how much is actual dislike, due to the amount of trolls who've ALREADY SHOWN, they know how to mobilize and attack review sources to try and corrupt data? 

Try harder next time. 

On 4/15/2023 at 6:28 AM, Prince Namor said:

You implied there was more of a dislike for female-led films with what you highlighted earlier.

If the KKK decides to come after a Black Panther movie

A hate-based group that everyone recognizes their motivations by default.

and copy-paste endless vitriol at it in the comments section. the news story is the 'KKK troll army is out to throw fake negative reaction to the movie'.

Not the same as the teaser trailer reactions. But reading on.

Yet you were implying it most probably falls back on males who dislike female-led films - otherwise why did you highlight that statement?

So as long as the story focuses on just the element that may be attempting to attack a movie (the group we have no idea of their size) is more relevant? Okay.

The story is they are the majority down-voting the teaser trailer. Yet again - we have no idea of the portion of the population involved leading to...

But it is then. As the reporters have no idea the size of those down-voting a teaser trailer. So they create a story with an agenda to attribute the down-votes to just that element.

So in summary, to craft an article that sparks emotion from readers just focus on a portion of the population we have no idea how large they are and ignore the quality of the trailer may be the largest contributor? Got it. That's one approach.

Or, we could have Marvel Studios recognize how it has downgraded its higher earlier standards that fans of the Phase I-III films want to have the same positive experiences again. But that wouldn't be a story of merit. Right?

Edited by Bosco685

• Administrator

I am shocked at the amount of bickering taking place here.  Generally, I do not come to this forum unless I am summoned.  Last night, I had to lock a thread.  After reading just the last 60 posts here, I am locking this one as well.  I would like to remind everyone that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated.  It's hard to believe this type of postings could occur discussing movies.  This isn't happening in 1 or 2 threads.  It is becoming more widespread.  Going forward, heavy warnings will be issued for all that add to the cause of shutting these threads down.  I will also say that posting on this forum, is a privilege.  When I start using the ban from forum tool, that action will be permanent.  I will also remind everyone that once a thread is locked, that discussion ends.   It doesn't get brought to another thread, or a new thread about the same topic doesn't get started.

It looks like Disney wanted to show that it's still a Captain Marvel movie - I've been seeing some short trailers on TV that are very much Captain Marvel-centric. I'm hoping that it's still a Captain Marvel movie with some extra characters in it.

On 10/26/2023 at 12:55 PM, Dr. Balls said:

It looks like Disney wanted to show that it's still a Captain Marvel movie - I've been seeing some short trailers on TV that are very much Captain Marvel-centric. I'm hoping that it's still a Captain Marvel movie with some extra characters in it.

Opening projections are not great.  Predicting $50 to $75 million opening weekend domestic, with final box office in the $175 to $200M range domestic. 

On 10/26/2023 at 1:32 PM, drotto said:

Opening projections are not great.  Predicting $50 to $75 million opening weekend domestic, with final box office in the $175 to $200M range domestic. 

Doesn't have the *plum* slot of being slapped right in the middle of the two biggest movies of the MCU (with a direct lead in at the end of Infinity War).