• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

You have directly accused fellow forumites of being racists and misogynists. Why do you think you have had post pulled and mod action taken? Because you have not attempted to troll others? Reality may come at you one day soon. Don't be shocked when it does.

Btw, it doesn't really matter what I've said in the past. And if I did directly accuse any "fellow forumite of being racist and misogynist", which I don't deny, that post got immediately pulled and I got a temporary ban. Fine. You're not allowed to accuse fellow forumites of things like that here. Fine. What I've been saying the past couple pages is that I did not, in these past few pages, "directly accuse fellow forumites of being racists and misogynists" when I myself was being accused of such a few posts up by a fellow forumite.

26 minutes ago, drotto said:

But it is only her movie where top billing was taken away.  Spider-man is not the Spiders. Captain America 4 is not the Captains. Thor is not the Thors. 

That's because in the long history of Marvel Comics, there have been consistently more than one character at a given time who beared the Marvel name. It is the namesake of the company and Marvel Comics has to keep the name alive for copyright reasons. In the 1970's, Captain Mar-Vell existed along with Carol Danvers' Ms. Marvel.  In the 1980's, Monica Rambeau bore the Captain Marvel name and Sharon Ventura took the Ms. Marvel name. Even the villain Moonstone was Ms. Marvel for a short while. Now, we have Carol Danvers Captain Marvel and Kamala Khan's Ms. Marvel existing together. Again, there have always been more than one character with the Marvel name in the comics. Multiple Marvels is a thing in the Marvel Comics.

On the other hand, while there have been different heroes who wore the Captain America mantle, only one hero at a time wears the Captain America title. The same with Spider-Man unless we're talking about a Spiderverse movie then you call the movie Into the Spider-Verse.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

11 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Btw, it doesn't really matter what I've said in the past. And if I did directly accuse any "fellow forumite of being racist and misogynist", which I don't deny, that post got immediately pulled and I got a temporary ban. Fine. You're not allowed to accuse fellow forumites of things like that here. Fine. What I've been saying the past couple pages is that I did not, in these past few pages, "directly accuse fellow forumites of being racists and misogynists" when I myself was being accused of such a few posts up by a fellow forumite.

Unfortunately you have established a precedent as this has occurred repeatedly. And here you clearly admit what you have been doing. A big step forward.

Meanwhile, there are going to be folks that just do not care for a performance or story portrayal. That doesn't always lead to an automatic assumption someone is default trolling or other ulterior motive. At times some may deliver their message harsher than you may like. See through the noise it isn't always about getting under your skin or being toxic.

I love strong female characters that can handle their own situation without depending on male counterparts. I didn't care for Captain Marvel. Still, I want to see what this one brings as a semi-sequel.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

I love strong female characters that can handle their own situation without depending on male counterparts. I didn't care for Captain Marvel. Still, I want to see what this one brings as a semi-sequel.

"A semi-sequel"? What makes you think The Marvels is not a direct sequel to Captain Marvel?

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

"A semi-sequel"? What makes you think The Marvels is not a direct sequel to Captain Marvel?

For now, recognizing they are going to apply three (3) Marvels to deliver the story.

At least with Captain Marvel sure, she was teamed up with Nick Fury. But she was supposed to be the heavy-hitter superhero in the film. This will have more than that. No matter how much the assumption all MCU movies going forward will be team-up films only.

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Then the title of the movie would be Captain Marvel 2: Rise of the Marvels.

Edited by drotto

12 minutes ago, D84 said:

Putting someone on the ignore list does no good if everyone keeps quoting them.

Just a thought.

Why ignore me? You might learn a thing or two about the history of Captain Marvel and Marvel Comics in general. I'm quite knowledgeable and well read, you know, or don't know.

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Unfortunately you have established a precedent as this has occurred repeatedly. And here you clearly admit what you have been doing. A big step forward.

Meanwhile, there are going to be folks that just do not care for a performance or story portrayal. That doesn't always lead to an automatic assumption someone is default trolling or other ulterior motive. At times some may deliver their message harsher than you may like. See through the noise it isn't always about getting under your skin or being toxic.

Hey, we can talk anytime about a few of my favorite female characters, which are some of my overall favorites; Kitty Pryde, Rogue, Catwoman, and so many more.

Or even may MCU favorite Wanda.

Just now, drotto said:

Then title of the movie would be Captain Marvel 2: Rise of the Marvels.

Can we have another movie that uses "Rise" in the title?

And yes, let's have the movie poster at the top say Marvel Studios's Captain Marvel 2 : The Rise of the Marvels. So many Marvels. We get it, it's about Marvel. The Marvels is a perfectly fine name. As arguably the #1 or #2 Captain Marvel fan in the world, I give it a thumbs up.

6 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Why ignore me?

While you may be somewhat knowledgeable, you've been called out for your behavior by many people. I think his reasoning is very clear.

Imagine what a great contributor you would be if the 5% of your non-fanatical posts instead comprised of 95% of your content.

1 minute ago, drotto said:

Hey, we can talk anytime about a few of my favorite female characters, which are some of my overall favorites; Kitty Pryde, Rogue, Catwoman, and so many more.

Or even may MCU favorite Wanda.

Marvel: Rogue, Jean Grey, She-Hulk, Moondragon, Scarlet Witch, Sue Storm, Mystique, Emma Frost

DC: Starfire, Big Barda, Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Zatanna, Hawkgirl, Raven, Catwoman, Death

6 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Can we have another movie that uses "Rise" in the title?

And yes, let's have the movie poster at the top say Marvel Studios's Captain Marvel 2 : The Rise of the Marvels. So many Marvels. We get it, it's about Marvel. The Marvels is a perfectly fine name. As arguably the #1 or #2 Captain Marvel fan in the world, I give it a thumbs up.

Well the Captain Marvel fan club is relatively small compaired to Iron Man, Steve Rogers Captain America, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Sam Wilson Captain, Winter Soldier, etc.  You can have that position.

21 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

After thinking it over, there is no Captain Marvel 2.  The franchise is over.  Marvels is a good title going forward so all the ladies can get top billing.  

You know what is actually over? Iron Man. The franchise is over. Make way for Ironheart.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Rogue, Jean Grey, She-Hulk, Moondragon, Scarlet Witch, Sue Storm, Mystique, Emma Frost

All of these ladies except She-Hulk isnt a solo franchise super-hero (not even Scarlet Witch) and will just be a part of their team. Captain Marvel is still president of this club.

aforce.thumb.jpeg.226fbd4307b2541f5f57d00fc3e6ab8f.jpeg

37 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

All of these ladies except She-Hulk is not a solo franchise super-hero (not even Scarlet Witch) and will just be lost in their team name (and X-Men probably won't even get their comic book name in the MCU). Captain Marvel is still president of this club.

Where did you see me post these are the characters that will get a solo film or TV show (other than She-Hulk who is)?

See how you get so in the moment to protest and stomp your foot you lose track of the discussion? We were talking about favorite DC and Marvel characters.

Edited by Bosco685

18 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

All of these ladies except She-Hulk is not a solo franchise super-hero (not even Scarlet Witch) and will just be lost in their team name (and X-Men probably won't even get their comic book name in the MCU). Captain Marvel is still president of this club.

Rogue has had multiple solo series.

Storm has has solo series.

Kitty has had solo series. 

Shuri Black Panther has lead a title.

Scarlet Witch has had solo books.

Black Widow has had multiple solo series.

Electra has had solo books.

Emma Frost, again solo books.

Mystique solo books.

Any of these characters if given a chance could have a great solo movie.  That's right Black Widow is getting one (granted years to late).  Captain Marvel is not this magic special diamond you position her as. It just takes the right creative team and the will to make it. I would prefer to see all of these over Captain Marvel. I will conceed Captain Marvel has had the most solo series, but that is just because they need to keep rebooting it to get any level of interest in the character.

Plus, I thought it was all about groups, teams,, and families now, not solo films.