• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Winter Edition (#1) Sign-up Thread CLOSED!!!
29 29

618 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2022 at 1:45 AM, timguerrero said:

So it was going to be capped at 350 but they allowed 354, why not allow more? I'm betting they want to hire graders why not get in as many as possible?

I reckon it's just to account for a few people dropping out as it approaches, not responding, or turning out to be shills for banned members. 

• Administrator
On 1/20/2022 at 10:54 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:
On 1/20/2022 at 10:45 AM, timguerrero said:

So it was going to be capped at 350 but they allowed 354, why not allow more? I'm betting they want to hire graders why not get in as many as possible?

I reckon it's just to account for a few people dropping out as it approaches, not responding, or turning out to be shills for banned members. 

The total is 353.  When I closed the signup for participants, I also made a post that stated if anyone signed up and was missed prior to me closing the signup, they would be added to the list.  3 people were missed so, that is why there are 353 participants.  

On 1/20/2022 at 9:19 AM, CGC Mike said:

The total is 353.  When I closed the signup for participants, I also made a post that stated if anyone signed up and was missed prior to me closing the signup, they would be added to the list.  3 people were missed so, that is why there are 353 participants.  

Wow.  Sounds like a major effort (or headache) to go through that many pms.

You should've made the cap at 400, that way 353 wouldn't be a big deal (thumbsu

I didn't think of final rankings. I'm starting at 35, that's a looooong way to fall. 

And I will. 

• Administrator
On 1/21/2022 at 9:30 AM, Bird said:

you really should close the thread so people do not continue to try and sign up

The sign up is clearly marked as closed.  I am not going to lock the thread, because some people might want to chat about the contest.