• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non-Comic Magazines
6 6

355 posts in this topic

A new one. Stuck in a plastic bag minus cardboard.  And how is the motherin mailman gonna get an oversized mag in your mail box minus a stiff boards? Fold it, that's how.  I had my last mailman trained and gave him a big tin of chocolate covered pecans every Christmas.  The new guy is looking for a foot in the .  Cardboard makes them bring it to the door.  Even done poorly it protects from major corner dings :mad:  Put my mess on a slow boat to China for all I care, just pack it well for the journey. 

I may stick some of my new stuff here instead of "this week in your mag collection" since that seems like a place for Warrens, Heavy Metals, Marvel mags, etc. Not that there's anything wrong with that -

This had spine roll, shadow, a coffee cup ring and rust at the staples when I bought it, now it has nice big bends at the outer corners as well.  Same verse as a mag last week, press it for a month then take another look.

Anyways, even in shoddy condition, I'm ecstatic to get a hold of this one.  It will make a great scan and cover restore when I'm through. Monkey business meets reefer madness, yasssssss

20230927_184835.thumb.jpg.623e55d27e70bc54f8e577869a9c1443.jpg

Just got my new A3 up and running, a budget option but totally amazing compared to what I paid for it (the Scannx 6167).  Took her for a spin with the headliner in a batch of five oversized photomags I got last week.  I'm running it on an older machine I use for older tech, and the whole installation and operation went very smoothly.

Picture Follies 1953-01 v02n01.Manly cover Lana Bashama (Darwin UnEdit)

On 9/30/2023 at 12:21 AM, Darwination said:

Just got my new A3 up and running, a budget option but totally amazing compared to what I paid for it (the Scannx 6167).  Took her for a spin with the headliner in a batch of five oversized photomags I got last week.  I'm running it on an older machine I use for older tech, and the whole installation and operation went very smoothly.

Picture Follies 1953-01 v02n01.Manly cover Lana Bashama (Darwin UnEdit)

Damn. Nice pickup the new scanner. That looks like a beast.

On 10/13/2023 at 12:48 AM, OtherEric said:

In today.  It's past the range where I'm trying to get all the NatLamps, but the subject matter meant it's been on my "grab it if I find a cheap copy" list for a while now.

Natlamp 1977 10.jpg

Not many people know there was a 5th Beatle in that iconic photo--it's parked on the left in the background.

On 10/27/2023 at 3:12 PM, OtherEric said:

Found today as I’m visiting my sister in SF.  An enormous chapter of Fear & Loathing on the campaign trail ‘72 in this one

image.jpg

I always enjoyed Ralph's name on the masthead as the Gardening reporter for RS! I have many of those Campaign Trail issues in my own collection and a copy of the book signed by HST, but the 2 issue debut/premiere of FALI Las Vegas are my favorite issues of Rolling Stone, bar none! Nice pick-up! In SF, eh? Hope you're enjoying our brisk weather!

On 10/27/2023 at 5:36 PM, wpbooks01 said:

I always enjoyed Ralph's name on the masthead as the Gardening reporter for RS! I have many of those Campaign Trail issues in my own collection and a copy of the book signed by HST, but the 2 issue debut/premiere of FALI Las Vegas are my favorite issues of Rolling Stone, bar none! Nice pick-up! In SF, eh? Hope you're enjoying our brisk weather!

I am, I got out of Seattle just in time to avoid our first freeze of the year.