• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage April Auction
6 6

537 posts in this topic

Looking forward to seeing hte DKR 3 cover scan, although probably the worst of the 4 covers.  Also, curious how first app Kingpin fares to first app/origin of black costume/eventual Venom.  And, where do you all think the X-Men 106 lands c/w the 107?  Some yellowing on the cover, but nice nonetheless and a cooler image than the 107 IMO.  I'm also really digging the Sandman 8 splash.  Classic.

On 2/6/2022 at 5:57 PM, heartened said:

Looking forward to seeing hte DKR 3 cover scan, although probably the worst of the 4 covers.  Also, curious how first app Kingpin fares to first app/origin of black costume/eventual Venom.  And, where do you all think the X-Men 106 lands c/w the 107?  Some yellowing on the cover, but nice nonetheless and a cooler image than the 107 IMO.  I'm also really digging the Sandman 8 splash.  Classic.

I'd say its the worst with a bullet, like several notches below #4.   

Still, with the advancement in the market I could see getting a price similar to what the #2 cover sold for.

Yes, tons of interesting things to watch.   It will be a fun auction!   I've never felt less sure of the results though. 

Edited by Bronty

On 2/7/2022 at 8:45 AM, Bronty said:
On 2/7/2022 at 6:57 AM, heartened said:

Looking forward to seeing hte DKR 3 cover scan, although probably the worst of the 4 covers.  

I'd say its the worst with a bullet, like several notches below #4.   

Still, with the advancement in the market I could see getting a price similar to what the #2 cover sold for.

It'll go for much more because of where the market is now.  It's a DKR cover.  What's actually on it, or how well the art is done, is completely irrelevant.

On 2/6/2022 at 9:32 PM, tth2 said:

It'll go for much more because of where the market is now.  It's a DKR cover.  What's actually on it, or how well the art is done, is completely irrelevant.

I tend to agree but where's your guess as to where it ends?   I genuinely don't know if it ends for 400, 800, 1.2, spin the frickin' wheel.

To me, the #3 is a DKR cover yes but its not the hill to die on.   I would say 300-600 but I could see double that, or more, too.  

If it gets into a SW8 type battle its 7 figures and maybe well into 7 figures no problem.   But who knows if that happens or not?

Edited by Bronty

On 2/6/2022 at 5:57 PM, heartened said:

And, where do you all think the X-Men 106 lands c/w the 107?  Some yellowing on the cover, but nice nonetheless and a cooler image than the 107 IMO.

I think the #107 is much nicer, has the 1st Starjammers, and is from a more memorable storyline vs. the fill-in issue that was #106. I think the #106 cover should be around the same price or a little less than the #107, but, of course, all it takes is the addition or subtraction of one motivated buyer at these levels to skew the result.

On 2/7/2022 at 8:23 AM, buttock said:

Wow.  There are a lot of big pieces that come up and have a flaw here or there to criticize.  But this one is about perfect.  

I can only imagine what it looks like in person.  Bachara had a real nice Captain America splash from Tales of Suspense at the 1st Wondercon I attended in the Bay Area (2001 or 2002).  At the time I want to say it was around $16k.  It was way more than I could pay but now I kick myself for not finding a way to swing it.

On 2/7/2022 at 8:35 AM, batman_fan said:

I can only imagine what it looks like in person.  Bachara had a real nice Captain America splash from Tales of Suspense at the 1st Wondercon I attended in the Bay Area (2001 or 2002).  At the time I want to say it was around $16k.  It was way more than I could pay but now I kick myself for not finding a way to swing it.

I believe it was this one that he had

F5524B77-ACF0-4920-9725-5AAEE36BCCB4.jpeg

On 2/7/2022 at 8:35 AM, batman_fan said:

What's the over/under on this one?  Twice up Kirby doesn't seem to get the same nostalgia bump that 70s/80s stuff does, but I can't imagine this one finishing anywhere reasonable.  

On 2/7/2022 at 8:43 AM, Bronty said:

I wouldn't lose sleep.   15k was an awful lot then.

I always whine about what I didn’t buy.  Missed out on three model kits recently because I didn’t bid aggressively enough and now I am self flogging myself.

On 2/7/2022 at 10:55 AM, batman_fan said:

I always whine about what I didn’t buy.  Missed out on three model kits recently because I didn’t bid aggressively enough and now I am self flogging myself.

I know right?  We forget the good decisions but we remember the bad ones!