• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Winter Edition (#1) Round 2
11 11

314 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2022 at 6:57 PM, IvanGreebka said:

Grades are in! I think this round weeds out alot.....and I'm probably one of those being weeded!!! LOL! Thanks CGCMike for holding this contest. I'm new to grading and collecting so this is a valued learning experience. I feel good scoring what I did iin round 1.

Don't worry about being weeded out, just have fun!

On 2/9/2022 at 8:20 PM, John_W78 said:

I  am new to grading comics. I have to say win, loose, or draw I’m having a blast! Learning this new skill is so much fun! I don’t care to win the prizes, but being acknowledged that I’m within a step or spot-on brings a smile to my face. This is truly a pleasure to know I am growing in my skills. Even if my grades are far off tomorrow I will adjust to learn this trade. And to everyone who is struggling to learn. Never give-up! Never give-in! Persistence will pay-off! Keep pushing forward!
Thank You Mike. 

This is perfect.  I have been here for a few years and learned a WHOLE LOT.  Partaken in a few of the community driven grading contests and just like this one, I aim to enjoy it.  Nothing more, nothing less.

On 2/9/2022 at 7:59 PM, flashlites said:

I thought we would see the grades tonight, I think its Friday though?? (Just a fan playing the home version, missed the cattle call - tried to sign up on the last day but the contest was full)

thursday.  8 PM EST.

On 2/9/2022 at 9:59 PM, flashlites said:

I thought we would see the grades tonight, I think its Friday though?? (Just a fan playing the home version, missed the cattle call - tried to sign up on the last day but the contest was full)

I believe the posting of the grades completely relies on how late people were turning in said grades.  He has to record it all and then he can reveal.  And with the steady decline in attendance it must not be easy trudging through making sure nobody was accidentally overlooked.

• Administrator

Most likely, I will post that the round is closed at 8:00 PM eastern time.  Then, I will check to see who has sent the last PM that has not been entered, and make a note of that, so I will know for sure if someone submitted late.  Lastly, I will load the scans of the CGC books in their holders for the reveal and post them.  

If there's a lot of grades that need to be recorded, the results thread will be delayed.  Round 3 will be posted shortly after the reveal.  

On 2/9/2022 at 8:22 PM, CGC Mike said:

I have received grades from 120 people.  

If we keep seeing this kind of drop out, maybe by Round 4 there will only be 30 left and I'll have a *slight* chance of cracking the Top 10!  Eh but even then... no 😂

Edited by BladeTX
typo

I probably didn't do so well on this round. I had a huge question on one that I couldn't find a good answer for. So I may have picked up too many points on this one. With the eye of a lot of these contestants you aren't ever gonna catch up if you end up with more than a point or two per round at most.

I got this cute little Rocketship emoji from Mike after my first entry, :Rocket:

which I wondered if, maybe, might have hinted I did well.

I did not get a Rocketship emoji this time....

On 2/10/2022 at 11:08 AM, JollyComics said:

Only 7 hours away!   CGC Mike didn't say about anyone with multiple bullseyes this round so this may be very interesting.

he is letting the suspense kill us all!

On 2/10/2022 at 11:23 AM, Axelrod said:

I got this cute little Rocketship emoji from Mike after my first entry, :Rocket:

which I wondered if, maybe, might have hinted I did well.

I did not get a Rocketship emoji this time....

yeah I didn't fare that well.

On 2/9/2022 at 11:11 PM, Crops068 said:

Don't worry about being weeded out, just have fun!

This is perfect.  I have been here for a few years and learned a WHOLE LOT.  Partaken in a few of the community driven grading contests and just like this one, I aim to enjoy it.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh I am having fun and I just think this is awesome! Loving it!!!