• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top Five Favorite Cheap Comics
5 5

199 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2022 at 12:13 PM, Robot Man said:

Pulled it back because It really grew on me. Back in the box it went probably forever…

First impressions aren't always right, whether it's a movie, music, art or a comic.  Sometimes a new idea has to simmer before you know how good it is.

On 2/9/2022 at 10:13 AM, Point Five said:

Love this Ghost Rider #7 in particular and it's an excellent example for this thread. It's been on my 'get it if I see it' list for a while.  (thumbsu 

Yes.  I was very fortunate to come across this copy, that practically went overlooked at that particular event.  One of my first purchases upon returning to the hobby.

On 2/9/2022 at 9:31 AM, adamstrange said:

First impressions aren't always right, whether it's a movie, music, art or a comic.  Sometimes a new idea has to simmer before you know how good it is.

I tried to turn on a girl in college to Jazz. She told me she listened to it once but didn’t like it…

On 2/9/2022 at 11:05 AM, Robot Man said:

Was at Terry’s show a couple of years ago in a box. You didn’t look and I had no idea you wanted it…(shrug)

I didn't go to Terry's last show in Newport Beach...and if it was at a Yorba Linda show, then I just didn't think to look for it in a box.

On 2/9/2022 at 1:02 PM, october said:

Her hobby landed her a 22 year old boyfriend (she is 40). All my comics landed me were eye rolls from my wife. 

The Tennessee cougar problem is worse than I thought!