• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane discussion and appreciation thread. Lets see those covers!
4 4

292 posts in this topic

If there is a similar thread I will delete, but seems wrong not to have a McFarlane appreciation thread in this forum. 
Looking to discuss his work or anything McFarlane related here, and of course show some of his classic covers.

I’ll start-us off with his first full published cover work from 1985 Infinity 14.

6F506A6C-B1F8-4C36-8C08-B6665C7E348D.jpeg

I wanted to copy this from another thread and place it here. If anyone would like to expand on this please do…..

So, it looks like, from my understanding, that Coyote 13 was the first work he did on a cover with the Gypsy Rose portion of the cover in 1985. He did, to my understanding also do some interior work on Coyote 11 with that being his first published interior artwork.

He then went to D.C. where he did a pinup pull-out for Infinity Inc 13, and then got his first solo cover with Infinity Inc 14. After Infinity Inc he went on to do Detective 576 in 1987, which was his first major character cover. He finished the Detective “Year Two” series in late 87, and did Batman 423 in September 88. During 87 he also was working with Marvel and produced his 1st Hulk cover in April 1987 with IH # 330. In March of the following year he began work on ASM 298, and the rest as you said is history. 

Edited by Mr.Fantastic

On 2/26/2022 at 8:45 PM, The Meta said:

Wow nice, thats a tough cover 

Believe it or not, I got it in the Holiday raffle, 2021 or Jan last year. I got it and a "Richard" Cole #7 from the 50's, it however is only a CGC 0.5 and incomplete, still cool.
AND thank you :headbang: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM