• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane discussion and appreciation thread. Lets see those covers!
4 4

292 posts in this topic

While I'm a big fan of the Todd-fathers art, I wasn't really into the Spawn character. Like everybody I picked up the 1st few issues. But there was one book I always regretted passing on. It included Alan Moore writing, a Frank Miller poster, a Spiderman 1 homage cover and even a minor 1st appearance. That was until today....

Spawn8Cover.thumb.jpg.16fbf16430705448e23ee310b9735a00.jpg

I picked up this Spawn 8 for a few bucks at a comic sellers market. These type of events are rare down here. Sorry about the glare, I'm guessing this cover has already been shared in this thread somewhere too xD

Edited by MattrixAlien

I'm a big McFarlane fan as shown by my previous posts in this thread. I have all his big keys, & all but one of the mid-range ones. The one being Amazing Spiderman 315.

So why am I missing that one? I honestly don't like the cover and can't bring myself to pay for it.

What do you think of it & what would be your choice for worst McFarlane cover?

ASM315CoverDontOwn.jpg.bfc275493b06d4f70c3a9432b4477693.jpg

On 1/24/2024 at 3:09 PM, MattrixAlien said:

I'm a big McFarlane fan as shown by my previous posts in this thread. I have all his big keys, & all but one of the mid-range ones. The one being Amazing Spiderman 315.

So why am I missing that one? I honestly don't like the cover and can't bring myself to pay for it.

What do you think of it & what would be your choice for worst McFarlane cover?

ASM315CoverDontOwn.jpg.bfc275493b06d4f70c3a9432b4477693.jpg

some of those grey hulk covers are extremely awful.