• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How long is it taking to get your graded book back?
2 2

13 posts in this topic

Depending on the grading tier, it can be as long as 208 business days. That's about 41 weeks, or 10 months.  Or longer, since it's the current turnaround time, subject to change in either direction.  https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/

If you needed it pressed, yowza.  Advise that you put it in your will, so your heirs will get it back hopefully in their lifetime.

Welcome to the boards!

CGC has multiple service tiers. Generally speaking, the more your comic book(s) are worth, the more it costs to get them graded. The more you pay to get books graded, the faster they get done. 

So how long it takes depends on what service tier you selected - how much you paid.  Comic books can take ten months or two weeks.  The least expensive magazine tiers are one year. 

Below is a link to CGC's turn around times (TAT) based on the tier (that is, how much it costs) Look at how much you paid and you can see how long it is going to take. 

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/

The 208-day terms is really scary... This reminds me of a story from a book intelligent machine I wrote about in a student  https://samplius.com/free-essay-examples/intelligent-machines/ resource with free essay samples. It helps you understand the material in a short amount of time without affecting the quality of your education.

Edited by DarrylWood

I sent my comics in with a receipt date of March 30.  Turnaround time says 55 working days.  Using a 5 day work week, they should have been completed June 15 and it is now August 10.  It is now August 10.  When I sent a request for an update, my response was "Thank you for your email, it appears you submitted this submission under the Economy tier".   DUH, What kind of response is that?   Economy tier says 55 day turnaround.  it is now day 95 (work days).  Where are my books?  Any one else have this probem?

On 8/10/2022 at 8:51 PM, Elwyn said:

I sent my comics in with a receipt date of March 30.  Turnaround time says 55 working days.  Using a 5 day work week, they should have been completed June 15 and it is now August 10.  It is now August 10.  When I sent a request for an update, my response was "Thank you for your email, it appears you submitted this submission under the Economy tier".   DUH, What kind of response is that?   Economy tier says 55 day turnaround.  it is now day 95 (work days).  Where are my books?  Any one else have this probem?

You are mistaken.Economy is 228 days, unless you purchased fast track.  You should have your comics sometime next year.    
CGC Services & Fees | CGC (cgccomics.com)

Economy (Pre - 1975)
$35
Fast Track: +$15

228 days
Fast Track: 41 days

Depends. Express and Standard are back fairly quick. I have some Sig subs from Heroes con that are coming back in sections. The SS Standard was back in a month or so. The SS grade-only modern came back this week - so 2 months. I'm still waiting on the Modern SS with CCS press... so I'd bet another 2-3 weeks on those.

BUT.  I sent in a bunch of economy books...in July/Aug of 2021... STILL waiting on those.... full 12 + months now...

On 3/9/2022 at 2:39 PM, GrendelKnight74 said:

I submitted back in September at the Dallas Fan Expo and I still haven’t gotten it back…

Submitted 24 Moderns that arrived 2 Aug, and they were shipped 1 Sep!  Regular service and not fast tracked!  I am thrilled!  Solid grades as well.  Only one off a little.

V/R, Mike