• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holy Freakin' Cow - Asking prices on feeBay
9 9

142 posts in this topic

On 3/21/2022 at 5:31 PM, path4play said:

$2,130 Wonder Comics #2 Cover only... just me?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144470866041

Post your other insane feeBay asks.

I saw that and of course that has no bearing on reality whatsoever. Great cover of course.

Anyway, wrong forum - this is the GA/SA/BA marketplace.

Unless you happen to have a Wonder Comics 2 for sale...:p

On 3/21/2022 at 11:40 AM, Roger66 said:

I never understood why its worth discussing what some third party chooses to sell their comics at or better yet how individuals choose to spend their own money.

One man's $65 steak is another man's just as good Big Mac and another man's $150 bottle of wine is another man's just as good $12 bottle of wine.  To each his own - substituting your values for someone else's let alone calling attention to what someone prices a comic on eBay is simply a waste of time and more a reflection of you then the other guy. my 2 cents :preach:  

I see it as valuable information. It gives me a sense of what people here believe is a "reasonable" price for books - I may be seeking one or more of those books right now or in the near future.  Not everyone wants to be fully informed when they're seeking to make a purchase, though, so everyone should ignore information they don't find valuable and use whatever method serves them best.

On 3/21/2022 at 2:55 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I see it as valuable information. It gives me a sense of what people here believe is a "reasonable" price for books - I may be seeking one or more of those books right now or in the near future.  Not everyone wants to be fully informed when they're seeking to make a purchase, though, so everyone should ignore information they don't find valuable and use whatever method serves them best.

For me personally the best references for valuing comics - esp. ones that have a sufficient population are as follows: :womanhero:

1) My intuition

2) Final auction sales on eBay, HA, CL etc

3) GPA

4) IG to some extent - esp consigners I trust 

There are just way too many sellers, who cannot grade, don't know the value of a comic and are simply fishing for fools - that I give their listings zero attention. :wavingwhiteflag:

Edited by Roger66

On 3/21/2022 at 11:57 AM, lizards2 said:
On 3/21/2022 at 11:43 AM, grebal said:

At least the seller I criticized is handsome with a great sense of humor.

And the going rate for gratuitous opinions is 4 cents, w/inflation.

I heard he is an a-hole...., :baiting: 

Wow -that CA 108 seems cheap for today's lunacy, but I guess GPA is what it is. I wish I could find a decent CA 118 at double that price. :sorry: 

On 3/21/2022 at 12:09 PM, MrBedrock said:

Is this the sales thread where we post our over-priced stuff?

Everyone else can, but not you. (tsk)