• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holy Freakin' Cow - Asking prices on feeBay
9 9

142 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2022 at 12:27 PM, Rob said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one to feel this way.  I thought maybe I was just cheap.  But I can't justify paying $1000 for a book I could have gotten for $200 just a few years ago (which increased from $100-$200 in the last 15 years).  You're right, it cannot sustain.  I left the hobby in 2013 because I couldn't afford the books I wanted, and couldn't get excited about non-key issues or copies in poor condition.  Since then, my income as tripled, so I was excited to finally get the books I couldn't afford back then.  Well, prices have more than tripled (in the last year), so I'm in the same boat.  

Its not only prices, but what's being offered as well - seems more owners are holding on and what's being offered is drying up.  Fortunately for me, I like anything golden age, so shifting to Joe Palooka and Dell Westerns... get 'em while you still can.

On 3/22/2022 at 2:40 PM, path4play said:

Its not only prices, but what's being offered as well - seems more owners are holding on and what's being offered is drying up.  Fortunately for me, I like anything golden age, so shifting to Joe Palooka and Dell Westerns... get 'em while you still can.

Kid Eternity --- Blackhawk and Tarzan .....

On 3/22/2022 at 2:40 PM, path4play said:

Comicmylars has no problem for years!

On 3/27/2022 at 2:53 AM, littledoom said:

If I had $0.08 I would place a bid on the comic book faster than I can blink. Disclaimer: I am an extremely slow blinker.

On 3/26/2022 at 11:31 PM, toro said:

Holy Cow was a band that used to play at clubs near me.  (:

I've seen them. Had a friend who was really into them. IIRC the singer was a bricklayer.

Just looked it up, he was a stonemason not a bricklayer.

Edited by Dick Pontoon

On 3/27/2022 at 8:36 AM, Pontoon said:

I've seen them. Had a friend who was really into them. IIRC the singer was a bricklayer.

Just looked it up, he was a stonemason not a bricklayer.

I knew Chris and his brother Mike back in the day.  He lived in the area where I live now. 

The Crippen D 8.0 copy of Hello Pal starts at $681 USD.  Been seeing this on the feeBay for sometime now.

Not as outrageous as I first thought after checking GPA - the Mile High sold recently for $1,200....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154928131373?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11021.m43.l1120&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=262dfb419d01479da5fc2e0a582584e4&bu=43211657849&ut=RU&osub=-1~1&crd=20220402061016&segname=11021&sojTags=ch%3Dch%2Cbu%3Dbu%2Cut%3Dut%2Cosub%3Dosub%2Ccrd%3Dcrd%2Csegname%3Dsegname%2Cchnl%3Dmkcid

Edited by path4play

It seems it's not just comics...

Here is a "retired" nail polish kit. It's good for one manicure. I wrote to the seller to ask if they meant 16 sets, he/she said no, it's 1 set of 16 strips.

New these sell for $14.00. There are a bunch of these on eBay selling for $11 up to $39. Apparently they retire sets after about 6 months, so they are "scarce". 

Note the seller SOLD one set for $149 plus shipping.

What I find really interesting is that these things dry out and are not guaranteed after a year.  This set appears to have been retired more than 1 year ago.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224322056449?hash=item343aa2f101:g:EMcAAOSwPqFgB4Go

At least you can read a comic after it's older...but I wonder how many "other" hobbies have insane prices now?

I recently made a $310 sale ($260 with $50 shipping) on eBay and what I got after eBay took their cut was $227.39. They took nearly a third of my sale. And I’ll be taxed on what’s left. This is why all my eBay prices are aggressive enough that I wouldn’t buy it for that. Stuff still sells though