• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOCKED - OP request - Needing help! Book stolen
3 3

192 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2022 at 3:56 PM, Mmanick said:

**update: Spoke to shipping manager from UPS and in his investigation hes telling me the package has never left the CGC in Sarasota FL they concluded that the package is lost somewhere in cgc's warehouse or vault. called to talk with cgc and still cant get a hold of a supervisor.

Oh no.....they know CGC so well.

On 3/22/2022 at 1:59 PM, Domo Arigato said:

No.....it really isn't.

CGC is extremely clear on their website about shipping books......which I already posted earlier.....but will quote again.

Important Note: Customer assumes all risk of loss or damage to collectibles during return shipment from CGC to Customer. Customer is responsible for selecting a carrier (e.g. USPS Mail) for return shipping and for procuring insurance on return shipping. If Customer does not select a carrier, collectibles will be returned via USPS Mail.  For domestic US return shipments via USPS Mail, CGC will use USPS Registered Mail and purchase insurance on Customer’s behalf based on Customer’s declared values, up to $100,000 per package for comics and trading cards.

If a submitter chooses to use UPS for return shipping as a cheaper method (which has insurance coverage of $100 maximum).....then the responsibility for that choice lies on the customer.  It's really not complicated.  And it appears that CGC has already offered to pay out the $100 in coverage to the customer either with a check or with a credit for future services.  As also was previously mentioned, with the volume they deal with, UPS is not going to invest a massive effort in finding a package like this.  It's simply far more efficient and cost effective to just pay out the $100 in coverage.....and if the package turns up later, then it turns up.  

Yes....it stinks, and I would be upset too......but that shouldn't negate looking at this from an objective standpoint. 

book/package never left cgc according to the latest investigation done by UPS. 

On 3/22/2022 at 4:00 PM, Mmanick said:

book/package never left cgc according to the latest investigation done by UPS. 

So......they investigated themselves and found themselves innocent?

Then what about this earlier post you made?

On 3/21/2022 at 4:54 PM, Mmanick said:

Book was last delayed in Bakersfield CA

On 3/22/2022 at 2:03 PM, Domo Arigato said:

So......they investigated themselves and found themselves innocent?

Then what about this earlier post you made?

I asked about the scan and the person told me the scan never actually took place the only actual scan was when cgc created the label but it never actually went out. I'm getting the information as its being presented to me. this is 5th investigator I've spoken to but this is the 1st actual manager i got through to speak with. 

On 3/22/2022 at 4:08 PM, Mmanick said:

I asked about the scan and the person told me the scan never actually took place the only actual scan was when cgc created the label but it never actually went out. I'm getting the information as its being presented to me. 

:facepalm:

It doesn't sound like you're getting any actual information at all. 

Race.gif.fe54d3c34950a77b65f38aa31ce051d3.gif

On 3/22/2022 at 2:20 PM, Domo Arigato said:

:facepalm:

It doesn't sound like you're getting any actual information at all. 

Race.gif.fe54d3c34950a77b65f38aa31ce051d3.gif

well i do know now that my book never left cgc so thats getting somewhere 

On 3/22/2022 at 4:26 PM, Mmanick said:

well i do know now that my book never left cgc so thats getting somewhere 

That may be the case....but how can you know?

UPS first told you it was last delayed in Bakersfield, CA?

Now they're telling you it never left CGC?

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 3/22/2022 at 2:45 PM, Domo Arigato said:

That may be the case....but how can you know?

UPS first told you it was last delayed in Bakersfield, CA?

Now they're telling you it never left CGC?

that was according to the tracking and initial person i spoke with. Now that i spoke with an actual investigator / manager the whole thing changed and they told me how those scans aren't accurate all the time.  CGC wont even let me speak to a manager after all of this. 

Edited by Mmanick

On 3/22/2022 at 4:55 PM, Mmanick said:

that was according to the tracking and initial person i spoke with. Now that i spoke with an actual investigator / manager the whole thing changed and they told me how those scans aren't accurate all the time.  

That seems awfully convenient for them.

Good luck.

On 3/22/2022 at 3:30 PM, oakman29 said:

Are you telling us that you b*tched and moaned for 4 pages, and it hasn't even left CGC?

C'mon man!🙄

Hey dumb arse do you think I’d have made the thread had I known that ? I still have nothing in my hand that I bought and paid for either. As I said hopefully this doesn’t happen to you. Karma is a b (thumbsu

On 3/22/2022 at 3:32 PM, Gaard said:

"the scan never actually took place"

That's a first.

droids.jpg

That’s exactly what I thought. The further the layers are peeled back things come out I guess. Im not just going to lay down and take it. 

On 3/22/2022 at 3:48 PM, Mmanick said:

Hey dumb arse do you think I’d have made the thread had I known that ? I still have nothing in my hand that I bought and paid for either. As I said hopefully this doesn’t happen to you. Karma is a b (thumbsu

There's no need for name calling. 

On 3/22/2022 at 4:02 PM, oakman29 said:

I certainly am not going to have books sent UPS  that's for sure. 🤣

It’s no longer an option anyways. What’s your point in posting on my thread ? If you don’t like what I’m posting stop clicking. Karma is a b

On 3/22/2022 at 4:16 PM, Mmanick said:

It’s no longer an option anyways. What’s your point in posting on my thread ? If you don’t like what I’m posting stop clicking. Karma is a b

Truth?

I find you fascinating!

Your title says "BOOK STOLEN" When in fact you jumped the gun. I'm sorry for your missing comic book. I'm sure it will turn up, but calling me names is so pedestrian.