• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s your best find at flea market or yard sale
3 3

43 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2022 at 11:07 AM, CGC Mike said:

It's going to be at my discretion, and I will be starting out with warnings.  Here is the new rule.

22.  This site shall not be used to solely promote a users video channels.  If a pattern is discovered that a user is only using this site to promote their videos, they may be flagged as a spammer, and banned from the forum.

Perhaps there should be a sub-forum for people to promote their content similar to the Comic Market - Sales Advertising section of the board for dealers?  Some of this content is interesting and has value and promoting it would be a good idea.  I just don't think obvious self promotional threads belong in general pop.

On 4/5/2022 at 10:54 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'll agree and @Shinwar doesn't often do that, it's just a video rather than pics.

But I agree with your sentiment for sure ^^

I was hoping there was a grey area, and I'm not even on YouTube but I've heard no complaints for those who post in correct areas idk. I'm just mulling it over 😂

Yes it would be ok to post a video if you plan on responding to a post you created. But to ask a question and then to ignore all responses is an obvious spam thread.

On 4/5/2022 at 12:46 PM, CGC Mike said:
On 4/5/2022 at 12:06 PM, joeypost said:
On 4/5/2022 at 11:43 AM, mysterymachine said:

I hope that whoever moderates the boards will look into banning youtubers using this site to promote their channel.

Agreed. 

So, it seems that every thread or post this person created has a video.  I am going to add a rule to the terms of use.  From now on, if I see a pattern that users are solely using this site to promote their videos, they will be flagged as a spammer.  

Very good. Thank you

On 4/5/2022 at 12:54 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'll agree and @Shinwar doesn't often do that, it's just a video rather than pics.

But I agree with your sentiment for sure ^^

I was hoping there was a grey area, and I'm not even on YouTube but I've heard no complaints for those who post in correct areas idk. I'm just mulling it over 😂

I personally don't see a problem with what Shinwar is doing, and doubt if this new rule would be an issue for him.  He's posting in the correct thread where people are asked to show off their comics......he's just doing it with videos instead of pictures.

I think the concern is being aimed at the originator of this thread.  Starting a new thread for each video and then not engaging in any meaningful conversation is not going to sit well with a lot of people.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 4/6/2022 at 5:03 AM, batman_fan said:

Crud does that mean I can’t promote my “Only Fans” site :sorry:

You're about to end up nominated for Probably List, buddy. I paid for that personal video almost a month ago (the one with the clown and the unicycle and the.... well, that should be enough to ID me), and I've yet to receive any of your used bathwater. 

On 4/5/2022 at 1:02 PM, thehumantorch said:

Perhaps there should be a sub-forum for people to promote their content similar to the Comic Market - Sales Advertising section of the board for dealers?  Some of this content is interesting and has value and promoting it would be a good idea.  I just don't think obvious self promotional threads belong in general pop.

This......or perhaps if he would even just have a single thread with a title of something like "Chuck's Comic Videos"......and then post all of his videos in that thread instead of starting a new one (or more than one (tsk)) for each video.  I think this would sit a little better with people, although this might run afoul of the new rule as well.   

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 4/5/2022 at 2:29 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I personally don't see a problem with what Shinwar is doing, and doubt if this new rule would be an issue for him.  He's posting in the correct thread where people are asked to show off their comics......he's just doing it with videos instead of pictures.

I think the concern is being aimed at the originator of this thread.  Starting a new thread for each video and then not engaging in any meaningful conversations is not going to sit will with a lot of people.

Yes I was agreeing with that (thumbsu It was the blanket rule, which I now understand is conditional towards @CGC Mike discretion.....that I was mulling or double checking, and since @Shinwar might not have known. Just wanted a heads up to keep him posting like he does :cheers:  

• Administrator
On 4/5/2022 at 3:29 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I think the concern is being aimed at the originator of this thread.  Starting a new thread for each video and then not engaging in any meaningful conversation is not going to sit well with a lot of people.

I don't think Shinwar is doing anything wrong.  That's why I said the decision will be at my discretion.  The problem I have, is when I check out all of a users post, and see a video of his in every thread he posts in, that is a problem.  The one in the first post of the hey buddy can you spare a grade section sunk the boat.  I don't think this new rule will affect very many people.  Like I said, everyone that I think is breaking this rule will receive a warning from me via PM, and not through the point system.  Failure to comply may result in being flagged as a spammer.  

On 4/5/2022 at 8:12 PM, CGC Mike said:

I don't think Shinwar is doing anything wrong.  That's why I said the decision will be at my discretion.  The problem I have, is when I check out all of a users post, and see a video of his in every thread he posts in, that is a problem.  The one in the first post of the hey buddy can you spare a grade section sunk the boat.  I don't think this new rule will affect very many people.  Like I said, everyone that I think is breaking this rule will receive a warning from me via PM, and not through the point system.  Failure to comply may result in being flagged as a spammer.  

936DD7BB-4C3B-4D58-AE03-0A00D46A4DCD.thumb.jpeg.9ddad06fe8e2182812c95157c5875324.jpeg

• Administrator
On 4/5/2022 at 3:46 PM, Mosh It Up said:

Is the Journal section included?

https://boards.cgccomics.com/profile/51097-ilovecgc/

Probably not.  An exception would be if someone had their journal thread moved to the regular forums.  When Scott gave the journals a "remake", he said he would move them wherever anyone wanted.  

On 4/5/2022 at 12:29 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

You're about to end up nominated for Probably List, buddy. I paid for that personal video almost a month ago (the one with the clown and the unicycle and the.... well, that should be enough to ID me), and I've yet to receive any of your used bathwater. 

You know, I think I received this vial.  Did you get a near mint Action #1 in the mail by mistake recently?

On 4/6/2022 at 10:41 AM, MattTheDuck said:

You know, I think I received this vial.  Did you get a near mint Action #1 in the mail by mistake recently?

Hah, I was wondering why I got that. It was wrapped in a red garter. 

On 4/5/2022 at 3:37 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes I was agreeing with that (thumbsu It was the blanket rule, which I now understand is conditional towards @CGC Mike discretion.....that I was mulling or double checking, and since @Shinwar might not have known. Just wanted a heads up to keep him posting like he does :cheers:  

my bad guys i will just post pics instead it was just easier to do video since i share it in the facebook comic groups is well

On 4/30/2022 at 7:04 PM, Shinwar said:

my bad guys i will just post pics instead it was just easier to do video since i share it in the facebook comic groups is well

CGC mike responded that you're ok, just fyi, but it's up to you :) 

On 4/5/2022 at 7:12 PM, CGC Mike said:

@Shinwar :cheers: