• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s your best find at flea market or yard sale
3 3

43 posts in this topic

On 4/6/2022 at 1:05 AM, Sigur Ros said:

I don't think he was wanting actual discussion.  He was just shopping for views of his video. 

As long as the discussion stemmed from his video. 

• Administrator
On 4/5/2022 at 12:06 PM, joeypost said:
On 4/5/2022 at 11:43 AM, mysterymachine said:

I hope that whoever moderates the boards will look into banning youtubers using this site to promote their channel.

Agreed. 

So, it seems that every thread or post this person created has a video.  I am going to add a rule to the terms of use.  From now on, if I see a pattern that users are solely using this site to promote their videos, they will be flagged as a spammer.  

On 4/5/2022 at 11:46 AM, CGC Mike said:

So, it seems that every thread or post this person created has a video.  I am going to add a rule to the terms of use.  From now on, if I see a pattern that users are solely using this site to promote their videos, they will be flagged as a spammer.  

dang I feel bad for @Shinwar he was good people, but at least he had the decency to post in the correct thread, of New comic book day, con celebration pick ups.....

He just did it rather than posting pics......... he did a video, I assume for his "channel" but idk 

On 4/5/2022 at 12:30 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Thanks for summarizing the video so I don't have to watch it. :foryou: 

It's actually a little worse than just that.  A couple issues of Defenders with Black Panther fighting Namor (coming soon to the MCU!), and his big haul was the aforementioned Marvel Comics Presents #1 in 7.0 (Wolverine coming soon to the MCU!) and a McFarlane-era Amazing Spider-man #307 with Chameleon on the cover in 9.6 (coming soon to the MCU! also, rare newsstand UPC variant!).  YouTuber paid $80 for all this, which would be on par with maybe 2017 pricing but is a good deal in 2022.

If you only buy comics based on MCU speculation, maybe it would be an interesting video...?  (shrug)

Personally, my best flea market find was a Complete Frank Miller Batman hardcover first print in excellent condition for fifty cents.  Guy had no other comics-related stuff, no idea why he had that.

• Administrator
On 4/5/2022 at 12:56 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

dang I feel bad for @Shinwar he was good people, but at least he had the decency to post in the correct thread, of New comic book day, con celebration pick ups.....

He just did it rather than posting pics......... he did a video, I assume for his "channel" but idk 

It's going to be at my discretion, and I will be starting out with warnings.  Here is the new rule.

22.  This site shall not be used to solely promote a users video channels.  If a pattern is discovered that a user is only using this site to promote their videos, they may be flagged as a spammer, and banned from the forum.

On 4/5/2022 at 12:07 PM, CGC Mike said:

It's going to be at my discretion, and I will be starting out with warnings.  Here is the new rule.

22.  This site shall not be used to solely promote a users video channels.  If a pattern is discovered that a user is only using this site to promote their videos, they may be flagged as a spammer, and banned from the forum.

Good Job :) 

On 4/5/2022 at 12:42 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Agreed, Mike. A very welcome change. There's nothing more deflating than coming to discuss an interesting new topic and it's just a plug for someone's latest YouTube upload. I will most certainly not be 'smashing that subscribe button, hitting like, and turning notifications on.' 

I'll agree and @Shinwar doesn't often do that, it's just a video rather than pics.

But I agree with your sentiment for sure ^^

I was hoping there was a grey area, and I'm not even on YouTube but I've heard no complaints for those who post in correct areas idk. I'm just mulling it over 😂

Edited by ADAMANTIUM