• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating The Troll King
3 3

22 posts in this topic

Bought four color 452 CGC 9.4 from 1-19-22 sales thread

1-22-22 Paid through Paypal

2-2-22 seller messaged apologizing for being late said will send

2-2-22 (Yes same day) received package containing four color 452 CGC 9.0

2-7-22 returned 9.0 copy

2-23-22 inquired whether 9.0 had made it back, and if 9.4 had shipped

3-2-22 repeated inquiry

3-4-22 repeated

3-4-22 seller responded had been sick and would get book out

3-4-22 thanked for information

3-14-22 inquired on ship status

3-16-22   inquired on ship status

3-18-22  inquired on ship status

(Troll King last visited site 3-20-22)

3-23-22  inquired on ship status

3-25-22  inquired on ship status

3-28-22 inquired on ship status

3-30-22  inquired on ship status

4-2-22  inquired on ship status

4-4-22 PM stating will put in probation nomination if no response

4-6-22 Nominating

On 4/6/2022 at 8:15 AM, wombat said:

I'm not sure whatever happened with this in the past, but it appears something similar happened a few years ago. 

I never made a stink about it for the 2018 Troll King deal. I filed a Paypal claim, but all the correspondence was sent to an email I wasn't using very much at the time, and I missed the deadlines for reimbursement.

However, when he came back in 2022, he PMd me, and offered to sell me the same TOZ book that I had already paid for back in 2018, and I told him that I had paid for that book already, along with three DC archives - never got the books, and I never got the money back. The archives were taken in the thread, the TOZ via PM.

He said I was apparently the only one that actually paid from the 2018 threads. (In reviewing the threads, this appears not to be the case.) He said he had given the archives to his kids, so didn't have them anymore, but could ship me the TOZ.

He did refund all of my 2018 money/payment in 2022, and said he was going to ship me the TOZ anyway, but I told him to keep it, as I didn't feel right about keeping the book if I was fully refunded.

FWIW, I purchased several books from him in the same sales thread and he did pm me after a delay, had been sick, but then shipped the books and included a really nice extra book for the inconvenience.  My experience was very positive, all in all.

@The Troll King, just give this buyer a heads up on status.  I'm sure they just want to know that you're doing okay.

On 4/7/2022 at 11:51 AM, Randall Dowling said:

FWIW, I purchased several books from him in the same sales thread and he did pm me after a delay, had been sick, but then shipped the books and included a really nice extra book for the inconvenience.  My experience was very positive, all in all.

@The Troll King, just give this buyer a heads up on status.  I'm sure they just want to know that you're doing okay.

On 4/6/2022 at 9:21 AM, lizards2 said:

I never made a stink about it for the 2018 Troll King deal. I filed a Paypal claim, but all the correspondence was sent to an email I wasn't using very much at the time, and I missed the deadlines for reimbursement.

However, when he came back in 2022, he PMd me, and offered to sell me the same TOZ book that I had already paid for back in 2018, and I told him that I had paid for that book already, along with three DC archives - never got the books, and I never got the money back. The archives were taken in the thread, the TOZ via PM.

He said I was apparently the only one that actually paid from the 2018 threads. (In reviewing the threads, this appears not to be the case.) He said he had given the archives to his kids, so didn't have them anymore, but could ship me the TOZ.

He did refund all of my 2018 money/payment in 2022, and said he was going to ship me the TOZ anyway, but I told him to keep it, as I didn't feel right about keeping the book if I was fully refunded.

I tried buying the Vampi annual from him in 2018 but never got a response after asking for payment information. I think I even pm’d Lizards back then about his results but since he never got any money from me I moved on. I did get another Vampi book from him in this current sales thread got the payment info. quick enough and paid for and got the book quick enough. He sent me a screen shot of mailing address before sending book too. He’s doing a big move so maybe that’s an issue now?

On 4/11/2022 at 1:07 PM, thehumantorch said:

Sorry to hear about this.  Looks like The Troll King has trouble following through on his promises and it appears to be a repeated behaviour.

@The Troll King could you fix this problem please?

Agreed...  

Hopefully the PayPal case works in your favor or the Troll King steps in and resolves this. 

@Montezuma hope you are well. It seems to me that you have been very patient, we are long past the 72hr rule, and at this point it is your right to have him added to the PL, if/when you wish to do so just post here to confirm and I'll add him. Hopefully the word will get through so this gets fixed, and of course update here if anything develops....