• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another Ebay seller shipping failure.
2 2

50 posts in this topic

On 4/13/2022 at 12:10 PM, shadroch said:

Are you concerned the 2.0 you bought will arrive as a 1.8?  I'm trying to imagine what further harm that book may get in the mail? Were the mail handler to fold up the envelope and slide it thru a door slot, would it lower the grade?

cover detachment would be my only concern, but a real one nonetheless.

On 4/13/2022 at 12:15 PM, Axe Elf said:

Besides the amateur packing job, I just find it really bizarre that someone would send 3 detailed pictures of them packing the comic for shipping.  Like are they going to take the comic out before they mail it, then claim insurance because they have pics of them putting it IN the envelope?  Or keep it and refuse your refund request because "it was in there when I mailed it."  Or maybe he's just never sold a comic before, I dunno.  Just weird.

Yeah.  Seems odd.  Why would the seller send these pictures????

On 4/13/2022 at 11:04 AM, gadzukes said:

I found a low grade DD 131 at a very reasonable price on ebay (seller didn't put the number 131 in the title so I got it pretty cheap).

This morning the seller sent me photos proudly showing him "shipping" the comic and then gave me the Delivery confirmation #.

Check out these photos.  :facepalm:

Fingers crossed that it'll get to me with limited damage.  Thank God it's low grade already.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Dude, I thought these were pics of you unpacking it and showing the ship job, lol!  Not laughing at your situation but at the either naivete or gall (can't decide which) of the seller.

On 4/13/2022 at 1:58 PM, Mystafo said:

Dude, I thought these were pics of you unpacking it and showing the ship job, lol!  Not laughing at your situation but at the either naivete or gall (can't decide which) of the seller.

NO these are pics of him packing and SENDING it

On 4/13/2022 at 12:15 PM, Axe Elf said:

Besides the amateur packing job, I just find it really bizarre that someone would send 3 detailed pictures of them packing the comic for shipping.  Like are they going to take the comic out before they mail it, then claim insurance because they have pics of them putting it IN the envelope?  Or keep it and refuse your refund request because "it was in there when I mailed it."  Or maybe he's just never sold a comic before, I dunno.  Just weird.

Yeah.... my scam radar is starting to go up.

It was a zero feedback seller so "buyer beware" I guess.  

I'm sure ebay will cover me if it doesn't arrive.

On 4/13/2022 at 1:55 PM, gadzukes said:

Yeah.... my scam radar is starting to go up.

I'm sure ebay will cover me if it doesn't arrive.

I have a low grade detached cover of gian size defenders #3 if you're interested, I promise to give the Gemini mailer treatment.

On 4/13/2022 at 2:55 PM, gadzukes said:

It was "buyer beware" before you bought it. 

He sold you a book for less than its normal selling price.

He then sent pics which show he is clueless about how to package books for shipping.

He's trying to torment you.  :baiting: