• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on these comics?
3 3

53 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2022 at 2:34 PM, intlnews said:

These comics I purchased 15+ years ago and are in my study.  Not sure what they're worth in terms of actual market value.  I know the Action Comics 100 is the highest grade I believe.  NY Worlds Fair 2nd highest. Not sure of the rest. I don't keep the high value one's at the house, but I keep a few boxes there. Thoughts?

awesome books.

Ps "Ones".  My standard suggestion for people that misuse apostrophes is just never use them, ever.  That way you will be right 95% of the time instead of 5% of the time.

On 4/20/2022 at 3:54 PM, Ryan. said:

That would solve a lot of problem's.

righ't??

On 4/20/2022 at 4:34 PM, intlnews said:

These comics I purchased 15+ years ago and are in my study.

On 4/20/2022 at 6:17 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

This book is 1 of 1 in 9.6 

It last sold in 2013 for $6573 

2013 is only 9 years ago...  Hmm.

On 4/20/2022 at 8:22 PM, Bird said:

maybe his study is in someone else's home

It's in Dr. Who's tardis if he bought them 15 years ago.

On 4/20/2022 at 9:23 PM, intlnews said:

Would you like me to post pics of the comics over today's newspaper?

I wouldnt be that over zealous to prove anything,  unless you feel to do it, probably feels like 15 years ago. If all obtained around the same time frame, it can be convoluted.

Still I remember my books of perhaps when and where only if it is impacted by a time or experience. Those are a few books, I've seen if they're the only slabs that it may be easy to miss.

Dotting I and crossing t is fine, but this isnt a deal gone bad, no need to feel threatened, outed, nor over zealous.

I thought the same when it was mentioned to do pics of safety deposit box, normally of such books, it would seem of course you keep pics already? Since maybe not, you're doing fine accumulating, a sense of enjoying the hobby and medium, so dont bend over backwards  :whee:

On 4/20/2022 at 10:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I wouldnt be that over zealous to prove anything,  unless you feel to do it, probably feels like 15 years ago. If all obtained around the same time frame, it can be convoluted.

Still I remember my books of perhaps when and where only if it is impacted by a time or experience. Those are a few books, I've seen if they're the only slabs that it may be easy to miss.

Dotting I and crossing t is fine, but this isnt a deal gone bad, no need to feel threatened, outed, nor over zealous.

I thought the same when it was mentioned to do pics of safety deposit box, normally of such books, it would seem of course you keep pics already? Since maybe not, you're doing fine accumulating, a sense of enjoying the hobby and medium, so dont bend over backwards  :whee:

Not threatened, but I post a few pics of some not so special comics in the community, and people look up dates on when they were last sold? Crazy. Why would anyone make up something that they had these books?  There's really nothing special about them. Though, it kinda sucks I no longer have the highest graded AC 100. I have the appraisals on file for each of the books from Value My Stuff, but I do not keep pics of the comics. 

On 4/20/2022 at 9:46 PM, intlnews said:

Not threatened, but I post a few pics of some not so special comics in the community, and people look up dates on when they were last sold? Crazy. Why would anyone make up something that they had these books?  There's really nothing special about them. Though, it kinda sucks I no longer have the highest graded AC 100. I have the appraisals on file for each of the books from Value My Stuff, but I do not keep pics of the comics. 

Lol so it came off creepy lol

Indeed. Realize it comes from a place of love for the hobby in sincerity.

You've been here long enough that you should know these peeps have "been through things on the boards." Like deceivers and wise guys. Better they be on guard than to have the boards like the wild west.

Still, that's why I curbed the thought, as in, your not trying to strike a deal or sell to con anyone. As those types have been around since the start of the boards, the usual perspective is to double check.

You were casual in posting, but to most not in those shoes, these books are a big deal.

Try not to take it the wrong way lol

On 4/20/2022 at 10:46 PM, intlnews said:

That All Star 1 is my favorite. 

Go -Collect shows a 5.0 for $3100ish in 2020. I didn't see any recent auction results at HA and I dont pay for GPA. 

You could easily turn those books into cash without much trouble. 

On 4/20/2022 at 10:51 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol so it came off creepy lol

Indeed. Realize it comes from a place of love for the hobby in sincerity.

You've been here long enough that you should know these peeps have "been through things on the boards." Like deceivers and wise guys. Better they be on guard than to have the boards like the wild west.

Still, that's why I curbed the thought, as in, your not trying to strike a deal or sell to con anyone. As those types have been around since the start of the boards, the usual perspective is to double check.

You were casual in posting, but to most not in those shoes, these books are a big deal.

Try not to take it the wrong way lol

Was just sharing some pics, wasn't trying to garner or solicit sales from anyone.

On 4/20/2022 at 9:56 PM, intlnews said:

Was just sharing some pics, wasn't trying to garner or solicit sales from anyone.

That's what I said you weren't, it's what I said, trying to relieve some worries here lol

The golden age forum is a bit more laid back, here in comics general you get all types.

Trying to give you some consolation :cheers:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/20/2022 at 7:46 PM, intlnews said:

wait you posted pics-